Shooter Tara Shahdeo's Husband Granted Transit Remand in Abuse Case
A Delhi court today granted three days transit remand of Ranjit Kumar Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain, accused of deceiving national shooter Tara Shahdeo into marriage and forcing her to convert to Islam, to Jharkhand Police.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Satish Kumar Arora sent Kohli and his 65-year old mother Kaushlya Rani to transit remand asking the Jharkhand Police to produce them before the concerned court within three days.
"I have heard the submissions of Special Cell, Delhi Police and gone through the records that NBW have been issued against accused Ranjit Kumar Kohli and his mother by the CJM court, Ranchi.
"Transit remand is granted for three days," the CMM said. The accused was produced in the court amidst tight security provided by the Delhi Police and the Jharkhand Police sleuths.
Commotion prevailed in the court room when lawyers tried to click pictures of the accused following which the CMM ordered for in-chamber proceedings.
During the in-chamber hearing, the Delhi Police informed the court that Kohli was arrested at 10:30 PM last night near Dwarka sector 6 market while his mother was arrested today from Nasirpur area in Dwarka where she was staying with his son's friend.
The investigating officer Brahmajeet said that Kohli was nabbed while he was making calls to his mother and friends in Ranchi rpt Ranchi from the mobile of strangers in order to evade arrest.
Police has also seized a laptop and money from Kohli. A case of deceit, exploitation and torture was lodged in Ranchi by Kohli's newly-wed wife Tara.
In her FIR, Tara alleged that she came to know about her husband's faith only after marriage. She also alleged that her husband assaulted her when she refused to convert. Tara said she was able to send SMS to her family on August 19 when she got an opportunity to text after being taken to Delhi that led to her rescue.
Non bailable warrants (NBW) were issued against Kohli and his mother by Ranchi court on August 25. Ranchi Superintendent of Police had yesterday said that Tara married Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain with her consent on July 7 this year and that he has recently started believing Islam.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED