Shoaib Akhtar Denies Planning to Marry 17-Year-Old
Amid a spate of reports of Shoaib Akhtar planning to tie the knot with a 17-year-old girl, the cricketer today tweeted that there is "absolutely no truth in the story being reported".
Have got many messages from my friends in the media across the world.Following is my statement on reports of my marriage:— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
"I would like to confirm that I'm not getting married to 17 year old girl,there is absolutely no truth in the story being reported..(Contd.)— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
...If not me,atleast respect the girl! Totally False"— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
An earlier report in The Express Tribune quoted Akhtar's family members as saying that wedding dates with Rubab, a teenager from the district of Haripur, have been finalised for the third week of June.
The report was soon carried by several other publications.
Later on, however, The Express Tribune published a dismissal of their earlier story, clarifying that Akhtar had refuted all such "rumours".
According to reports, the cricketer has been out of reach and not responded to attempts to contact him.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED