Shoaib Akhtar Denies Planning to Marry 17-Year-Old
Amid a spate of reports of Shoaib Akhtar planning to tie the knot with a 17-year-old girl, the cricketer today tweeted that there is "absolutely no truth in the story being reported".
Have got many messages from my friends in the media across the world.Following is my statement on reports of my marriage:— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
"I would like to confirm that I'm not getting married to 17 year old girl,there is absolutely no truth in the story being reported..(Contd.)— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
...If not me,atleast respect the girl! Totally False"— Shoaib Akhtar (@DaFastestBowler) June 7, 2014
An earlier report in The Express Tribune quoted Akhtar's family members as saying that wedding dates with Rubab, a teenager from the district of Haripur, have been finalised for the third week of June.
The report was soon carried by several other publications.
Later on, however, The Express Tribune published a dismissal of their earlier story, clarifying that Akhtar had refuted all such "rumours".
According to reports, the cricketer has been out of reach and not responded to attempts to contact him.
- ED Issues Fresh Summons to Zakir Naik in Money Laundering Case
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- Would Have Been Better Had BJP Given Tickets To Muslims In Uttar Pradesh, Says Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- DU Girl Gurmehar Kaur Moves DCW Over 'Rape' Threats From ABVP Members
- ONGC May Acquire India's 3rd Largest Fuel Retailer HPCL For A Whopping Rs 44,000 Crore
- At Least 20 Children Injured After School Bus Overturns In Kanpur
- Commission Says Counterfeiters And Hackers Cost The US Close To 600 Billion A Year
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events