Shiv Sena Woman Leader Murdered, Hubby Injured
A local Shiv Sena woman leader was killed while her husband suffered serious stab injuries in an attack at their residence here last night, police said today.
Aarti Borkar, in her late thirties, and her husband Anil were attacked by three assailants armed with sharp-edged weapons in Panchpaoli area, they said.
Aarti, a former sakha pramukh (branch chief) of Central Nagpur unit of Sena, was stabbed several times when she tried to save her husband who appeared to be the prime target of the attackers, police said.
One of the suspected assailants, Akash Gourkhande, was caught by a mob which thrashed him before handing him over to the police.
Police suspect an old enmity with a neighbour may have led to the murderous assault on the Borkars.
In a release, police said they have rounded up three members of one Kesarwani family - Narendra, Surendra, Sonu and another person, Ravi Khante, and booked them on charges of murder, attempt to murder and criminal conspiracy.
The Borkars were reportedly having a long-standing enmity with the Kesarwanis, their neighbours.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED