Shiv Sena Flays Karnataka CM Over Border Row Remarks
Accusing Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah of making "absurd" remarks on the Maharashtra-Karnataka boundary row, the Shiv Sena today asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to "respond in equal measure" to the comments.
Siddaramaiah had said that "there is no border dispute as the Belgaum issue was resolved long ago with the Mahajan Commission giving its recommendations." He had also reiterated that implementation of the commission report on the boundary dispute between Karnataka and Maharashtra is the only solution on the issue.
"Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should respond with equal measure to Siddaramaiah's remarks. At least, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar should do the needful," an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.
"The fact is that the Mahajan panel report is not the final thing on the Belgaum issue," the article said.
"The Karnataka CM says politicians in Maharashtra have kept the issue alive because of their vested interests. Is trying to voice the injustice heaped on 20 lakh Marathi speaking people in Karnataka's border areas injustice," it said.
"The border dispute is still alive because the atrocities committed by the Karnataka government on Marathi people there have not ended," the editorial said.
"In fact, the Karnataka CM should thank Maharashtra politicians that the Marathi people are still behaving with restraint," it said.
The border district of Belgaum witnessed violence last month over removal of a pro-Maharashtra sign board at Yellur village. Maharashtra Chief Minister then had a telephonic conversation with Siddaramaiah. Shiv Sena had condemned attack on Marathis in Karnataka, and termed it as "Kannada terrorism.''
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED