Shiv Sena Flays Karnataka CM Over Border Row Remarks
Accusing Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah of making "absurd" remarks on the Maharashtra-Karnataka boundary row, the Shiv Sena today asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to "respond in equal measure" to the comments.
Siddaramaiah had said that "there is no border dispute as the Belgaum issue was resolved long ago with the Mahajan Commission giving its recommendations." He had also reiterated that implementation of the commission report on the boundary dispute between Karnataka and Maharashtra is the only solution on the issue.
"Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should respond with equal measure to Siddaramaiah's remarks. At least, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar should do the needful," an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.
"The fact is that the Mahajan panel report is not the final thing on the Belgaum issue," the article said.
"The Karnataka CM says politicians in Maharashtra have kept the issue alive because of their vested interests. Is trying to voice the injustice heaped on 20 lakh Marathi speaking people in Karnataka's border areas injustice," it said.
"The border dispute is still alive because the atrocities committed by the Karnataka government on Marathi people there have not ended," the editorial said.
"In fact, the Karnataka CM should thank Maharashtra politicians that the Marathi people are still behaving with restraint," it said.
The border district of Belgaum witnessed violence last month over removal of a pro-Maharashtra sign board at Yellur village. Maharashtra Chief Minister then had a telephonic conversation with Siddaramaiah. Shiv Sena had condemned attack on Marathis in Karnataka, and termed it as "Kannada terrorism.''
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- Chinese Official Media Slams PM Modi for Balochistan Remarks
- Chopper Scam: Middleman Ready to Meet Indian Cops in Dubai
- Brussels Crime Lab Attacked to 'Destroy Evidence'
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED