Shiv Sena Flays Karnataka CM Over Border Row Remarks
Accusing Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah of making "absurd" remarks on the Maharashtra-Karnataka boundary row, the Shiv Sena today asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to "respond in equal measure" to the comments.
Siddaramaiah had said that "there is no border dispute as the Belgaum issue was resolved long ago with the Mahajan Commission giving its recommendations." He had also reiterated that implementation of the commission report on the boundary dispute between Karnataka and Maharashtra is the only solution on the issue.
"Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should respond with equal measure to Siddaramaiah's remarks. At least, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar should do the needful," an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.
"The fact is that the Mahajan panel report is not the final thing on the Belgaum issue," the article said.
"The Karnataka CM says politicians in Maharashtra have kept the issue alive because of their vested interests. Is trying to voice the injustice heaped on 20 lakh Marathi speaking people in Karnataka's border areas injustice," it said.
"The border dispute is still alive because the atrocities committed by the Karnataka government on Marathi people there have not ended," the editorial said.
"In fact, the Karnataka CM should thank Maharashtra politicians that the Marathi people are still behaving with restraint," it said.
The border district of Belgaum witnessed violence last month over removal of a pro-Maharashtra sign board at Yellur village. Maharashtra Chief Minister then had a telephonic conversation with Siddaramaiah. Shiv Sena had condemned attack on Marathis in Karnataka, and termed it as "Kannada terrorism.''
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Cases Of Zika Virus In India, From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10