Shatrughan Talks to Officials to Tackle Patna Water Logging
With heavy rains causing water logging in Patna for the past three days, city MP Shatrughan Sinha today said he was monitoring the situation to ensure that water is pumped out of the residential areas and roads at the earliest.
"I am monitoring the situation regularly and am in touch with MLAs to lend all help to pump out the water that has paralysed life here," the BJP leader told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
The state government, he said, did not 'show much efficiency' in cleaning drains for the accumulated water to flow out.
Sinha said he is in touch with senior officials of Patna Municipal Corporation and other departments.
"I have also been talking to companies and groups engaged in scientific waste management for permanent solution to clearing garbage and filth accumulated in localities in Patna town."
Sinha's ancestral home in D' block of Kadam Kuan is among the residential areas where the water was at the knee-level till yesterday. The situation has improved since it stopped raining last evening.
The actor-politician hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's emphasis on cleanness in his Independence day speech and said he has already been working on this line as part of 'Clean Patna Green Patna' campaign.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED