Shatrughan Talks to Officials to Tackle Patna Water Logging
With heavy rains causing water logging in Patna for the past three days, city MP Shatrughan Sinha today said he was monitoring the situation to ensure that water is pumped out of the residential areas and roads at the earliest.
"I am monitoring the situation regularly and am in touch with MLAs to lend all help to pump out the water that has paralysed life here," the BJP leader told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
The state government, he said, did not 'show much efficiency' in cleaning drains for the accumulated water to flow out.
Sinha said he is in touch with senior officials of Patna Municipal Corporation and other departments.
"I have also been talking to companies and groups engaged in scientific waste management for permanent solution to clearing garbage and filth accumulated in localities in Patna town."
Sinha's ancestral home in D' block of Kadam Kuan is among the residential areas where the water was at the knee-level till yesterday. The situation has improved since it stopped raining last evening.
The actor-politician hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's emphasis on cleanness in his Independence day speech and said he has already been working on this line as part of 'Clean Patna Green Patna' campaign.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED