Shatrughan Talks to Officials to Tackle Patna Water Logging
With heavy rains causing water logging in Patna for the past three days, city MP Shatrughan Sinha today said he was monitoring the situation to ensure that water is pumped out of the residential areas and roads at the earliest.
"I am monitoring the situation regularly and am in touch with MLAs to lend all help to pump out the water that has paralysed life here," the BJP leader told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
The state government, he said, did not 'show much efficiency' in cleaning drains for the accumulated water to flow out.
Sinha said he is in touch with senior officials of Patna Municipal Corporation and other departments.
"I have also been talking to companies and groups engaged in scientific waste management for permanent solution to clearing garbage and filth accumulated in localities in Patna town."
Sinha's ancestral home in D' block of Kadam Kuan is among the residential areas where the water was at the knee-level till yesterday. The situation has improved since it stopped raining last evening.
The actor-politician hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's emphasis on cleanness in his Independence day speech and said he has already been working on this line as part of 'Clean Patna Green Patna' campaign.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10