Sharif to Meet Army Chief as Political Crisis Aggravates
Pakistan's powerful army chief General Raheel Sharif is expected to meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif today at the PM House here to discuss the political crisis that has triggered violent clashes in the national capital, leaving three persons dead and over 550 injured.
The army chief would take the prime minister into confidence over the discussions held during the corps commanders meeting last evening which was called in over the prevailing political crisis, Dawn newspaper reported.
Both Nawaz and Gen Sharif are expected to chalk out a strategy to resolve the current impasse.
The meeting will likely have a serious bearing on the prevailing scenario as it comes a day after the corps commanders affirmed their support to democracy.
The generals, who have ruled Pakistan for more than half of its history since independence from Britain in 1947, said that the "situation should be resolved politically without wasting any time and without recourse to violent means".
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10