Sharath Blanked 4-0 in Men's Singles TT Semifinal
Achanta Sharath Kamal proved to be no match for Singapore's Jian Zhan as the Indian was blanked 4-0 in a one-sided men's singles table tennis semifinal match in the 20th Commonwealth Games here today.
The top Indian paddler lost 11-6 11-6 11-6 11-8 to his 32-year-old opponent from Singapore at the Scotstown Campus.
That the 32-year-old from Chennai, who had won a gold in the 2006 Melbourne Games, struggled to match up to Zhan's play could be gauged from the fact that the match was over in just 27 minutes. The scoreline also reflects the one-sided nature of the match.
Kamal had earlier teamed up with Anthony Amalraj to win a silver medal for India after losing to Singapore's Gao Ning and Hu Li in the final of the men's doubles table tennis event.
Sharath and Amalraj squandered a game lead to lose 1-3 (11-8 7-11 9-11 5-11) against the Singaporan duo to settle for the silver medal.
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED