Sharad Yadav Accuses CBI Director of Running 'Gang of Corrupt Officers'
JD(U) President Sharad Yadav today attacked CBI Director Ranjit Sinha, accusing him of running a "gang of corrupt officers," and questioned why Narendra Modi government was "silent" though it had been elected on anti-corruption plank.
"Why has not the government suspended this man (Sinha)? No director has harmed the CBI as much as he has. Arrest him, suspend him but do something you can," Yadav said, claiming he has in his possession documents which will nail Sinha's involvement in what he alleged were his "corrupt practices."
Criticising lack of action against the CBI chief, Yadav said a "naked dance of corruption" is happening right under the nose of government.
"All kind of accused are making a beeline to the CBI Director's residence. The 2G scam accused, the coalgate accused, the CWG accused or those who fear they may be made an accused.
"CBI is the biggest weapon against corruption and see what its director is doing. In my over 40 years of public life, I have never seen a CBI director like this. He has sidelined good officers and is running a gang of corrupt officers," Yadav alleged.
Sinha has been mired in raging controversy after an NGO produced in Supreme Court copies of the alleged entry register at his residence which showed he was meeting people who were facing CBI probe.
Sinha has refuted all charges, terming them as "deliberate character assassination," and said that he has not favoured anyone. Courts are, he said, there to scrutinise every paper and every aspect of investigations being carried out by the agency.
The BJP government has maintained that it is for the Supreme Court to take a call on the matter as the issue is before it. Yadav said the government is entrusted with constitutional and legal powers and cannot wash its hand off such an important issue.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- Unity, Love Basic Mantras to Address Kashmir Problem: PM
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Study Constitution Well, President Urges Law Students
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Gopichand Get BMWs, Sachin Lauds Them
- India Test Fires Scramjet Engine, Joins Elite Club of Nations
- Indonesian Priest Injured in Church Attack
- Turkish Bombardment Kills 20 Civilians in Syria: Monitor
- Govt May Advance Parliament Session to Get GST Laws Approved
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED