Sharad Yadav Accuses CBI Director of Running 'Gang of Corrupt Officers'
JD(U) President Sharad Yadav today attacked CBI Director Ranjit Sinha, accusing him of running a "gang of corrupt officers," and questioned why Narendra Modi government was "silent" though it had been elected on anti-corruption plank.
"Why has not the government suspended this man (Sinha)? No director has harmed the CBI as much as he has. Arrest him, suspend him but do something you can," Yadav said, claiming he has in his possession documents which will nail Sinha's involvement in what he alleged were his "corrupt practices."
Criticising lack of action against the CBI chief, Yadav said a "naked dance of corruption" is happening right under the nose of government.
"All kind of accused are making a beeline to the CBI Director's residence. The 2G scam accused, the coalgate accused, the CWG accused or those who fear they may be made an accused.
"CBI is the biggest weapon against corruption and see what its director is doing. In my over 40 years of public life, I have never seen a CBI director like this. He has sidelined good officers and is running a gang of corrupt officers," Yadav alleged.
Sinha has been mired in raging controversy after an NGO produced in Supreme Court copies of the alleged entry register at his residence which showed he was meeting people who were facing CBI probe.
Sinha has refuted all charges, terming them as "deliberate character assassination," and said that he has not favoured anyone. Courts are, he said, there to scrutinise every paper and every aspect of investigations being carried out by the agency.
The BJP government has maintained that it is for the Supreme Court to take a call on the matter as the issue is before it. Yadav said the government is entrusted with constitutional and legal powers and cannot wash its hand off such an important issue.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10