Sharad Pawar Suggests Grand Alliance Against BJP, Says Worried About Uttar Pradesh
NCP supremo Sharad Pawar today said all the like-minded parties need to come together to counter the BJP.
He also said that with Yogi Adityanath becoming the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, "mandir-masjid" politics may get a boost.
"Looking at the kind of support BJP has garnered in the Assembly elections, it is very clear that all the like-minded parties need to come together (to face it)," said Pawar, who was here to inaugurate NCP's new office.
"All the (non-BJP) parties need to do introspection about their shortcomings. To provide a strong alternative to BJP, it is necessary that all the like-minded parties come together," he said, speaking to reporters.
Asked if any talks had started for this purpose, he said he wasn't aware.
"It is a suggestion. As of now, no detailed discussions have been held....If NCP gets a proposal to be a part of such alliance, we will respond positively," he said.
On the hardliner BJP leader Yogi Adityanath becoming the Chief Minister of UP, Pawar expressed fear that communal politics may take precedence in the northern state.
"Being such a big state, UP needs a leadership with a clear foresight to execute development agenda. However I am now worried about the people of UP, as the new leadership might pay more attention to `mandir-masjid' issues rather than bringing real development," he said.
- PM Begins 4-Nation Tour of Germany, Spain, Russia, France
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10