Sharad Pawar Slams Govt Over Transfer, Removal of Governors
Taking potshots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP government's policy of transferring governors, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) president Sharad Pawar today said he is "worried" about the future.
Making an oblique reference to BJP's election slogan 'Achchhe din aane wale hai', Pawar said, "Transferring governors is the prerogative of the Central government.
"It seems new ways of keeping the dignity of this post are being adopted," he said while commenting on Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayan's transfer to Mizoram.
Refusing to comment on whether the Centre's move amounted to political vendetta, Pawar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here, "What is happening is something new. I am worried exactly what kind of days are in store for the future."
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Mallya Fails to Appear Before PMLA Court, ED to Initiate Attachment of Assets
- Swamy Attacks Rajan for 'Dip' in MSME Growth
- India Should Hit Back at Pakistan for Terror: BJP MP
- Give Slaughter House Licences to 'Unemployed' Opposition: BJP MP
- Pune: Nine Killed As Slab of Under-Construction Tower Caves in
- Two Million Using Free Wi-Fi at Railway Stations in India: Pichai
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED