Sharad Pawar Slams Govt Over Transfer, Removal of Governors
Taking potshots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP government's policy of transferring governors, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) president Sharad Pawar today said he is "worried" about the future.
Making an oblique reference to BJP's election slogan 'Achchhe din aane wale hai', Pawar said, "Transferring governors is the prerogative of the Central government.
"It seems new ways of keeping the dignity of this post are being adopted," he said while commenting on Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayan's transfer to Mizoram.
Refusing to comment on whether the Centre's move amounted to political vendetta, Pawar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here, "What is happening is something new. I am worried exactly what kind of days are in store for the future."
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED