Shah Takes a Dig at SP Over Mulayam's Meet With Amar Singh
BJP chief Amit Shah today took a dig at SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav over his meeting with Amar Singh, saying Samajwadi Party will not get revived by bringing the former party leader back but by reaching out to people.
Singh's meeting with Yadav had fuelled speculation about his rejoining the party.
The occasion provided ammunition to the saffron party supremo, who during his address to BJP workers here said, "They (SP) are trying to conciliate with their old friends. They go to bring back Amar Singh. SP won't get revived by bringing Amar Singh back, reach to the people."
Shah, on a maiden visit here since becoming the BJP president, also claimed that the success story of the party in Uttar Pradesh during Lok Sabha polls would be repeated in assembly elections in four states, including Haryana and Maharahstra, but said the UP Assembly elections would the real test.
"I have no hesitation in saying the party will repeat its massive success story of UP during Lok Sabha polls in assembly elections of four states, but the real test is UP Vidhan Sabha elections," Shah said.
"Lok Sabha poll is foundation of coming state assembly elections. My first priority is to form BJP government in UP. I have faith that we will form government with two-third majority," he said.
He called upon the cadre to struggle with the state government and become the voice of the people.
He also appealed to the workers to undertake rescue and relief work in flood-affected areas of the state.
"Whether the government does or not, our workers should reach flood-affected areas and serve the people," he said.
On the issue of power crisis in the state, the BJP president alleged that Akhilesh government had no intention to resolve it.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman