Shah Takes a Dig at SP Over Mulayam's Meet With Amar Singh
BJP chief Amit Shah today took a dig at SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav over his meeting with Amar Singh, saying Samajwadi Party will not get revived by bringing the former party leader back but by reaching out to people.
Singh's meeting with Yadav had fuelled speculation about his rejoining the party.
The occasion provided ammunition to the saffron party supremo, who during his address to BJP workers here said, "They (SP) are trying to conciliate with their old friends. They go to bring back Amar Singh. SP won't get revived by bringing Amar Singh back, reach to the people."
Shah, on a maiden visit here since becoming the BJP president, also claimed that the success story of the party in Uttar Pradesh during Lok Sabha polls would be repeated in assembly elections in four states, including Haryana and Maharahstra, but said the UP Assembly elections would the real test.
"I have no hesitation in saying the party will repeat its massive success story of UP during Lok Sabha polls in assembly elections of four states, but the real test is UP Vidhan Sabha elections," Shah said.
"Lok Sabha poll is foundation of coming state assembly elections. My first priority is to form BJP government in UP. I have faith that we will form government with two-third majority," he said.
He called upon the cadre to struggle with the state government and become the voice of the people.
He also appealed to the workers to undertake rescue and relief work in flood-affected areas of the state.
"Whether the government does or not, our workers should reach flood-affected areas and serve the people," he said.
On the issue of power crisis in the state, the BJP president alleged that Akhilesh government had no intention to resolve it.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10