Shah Rukh Is 'King' of Bollywood: Salman
Superstar Salman Khan, who has been delivering hit films back-to-back, feels his arch rival Shah Rukh Khan is the 'King of Bollywood'.
Salman has become the first Bollywood actor to give seven Rs 100 crore hit films in a row, including his recent release Kick.
"You can say whatever you want. But there is a king (hinting at Shah Rukh) anyways. You have problem with him being the King? I don't have problem with him being the king," Salman said yesterday when asked if after delivering so many hit films he feels like the new king of Bollywood.
SRK and Salman's enmity and an eventual patch up has been a fodder for gossip in Bollywood for many years but the Kick star indicated that he no longer has a problem talking about the other Khan.
"You are talking about Shah Rukh?" the actor asked a reporter to a query on him being the king of Bollywood, to which the scribe said he was not referring to Shah Rukh.
Salman then said, "I am mentioning (him). If he is the king, he should be the king, that is the good position."
To a query on where he places himself in the industry, he said, "I would be placing myself much behind, right now I am misplaced."
With Salman's recently released Kick continuing a good run at the box office, there is a buzz that the film may cross Rs 200 crore mark. The makers claim Kick has already collected Rs 147.7 crores despite bad reviews.
On the box office result of Kick, Salman said, "I don't know about the business. Why talk about Rs 200 crore, talk about Rs 300 or Rs 400 crore or Rs 500 crore. We would be more than happy if the film does more business."
On reports that Karan Johar is paying Rs 150 crore each to him (Salman) and Aamir Khan for doing a film with his production house, the actor said, "Films are not making Rs 300 crore. I wish we get that much. Films are not making that much money, they are making Rs 200-250 crore, some not even touching that much. So how can our prices be that much. It is ridiculous."
Salman will be doing Karan's next home production Shuddhi and Kareena Kapoor Khan may be paired opposite him.
"I don't know (if Kareena is doing Shuddhi). You should ask the producer and director of that film. There is time for that (for the movie to start)," he said.
The actor was talking at the trailer launch of director Kamal Sadanah's upcoming film Roar: Tigers Of The Sundarbans here yesterday.
"I have come here for a personal reason. We have grown up together. I am glad to be here. I know if I come here and people go and watch the film, then it will be of great help to the film," he said.
Salman appreciated the trailer and expressed hope that the film does well.
"It (trailer) is amazing. They are making film on white tigers and we are making Sher Khan (film with Sohail Khan) a little later. I am happy with the look of the film, it is at par with any other Hollywood film. I had seen the trailer earlier and I liked it. If the trailer is amazing then the film would be so fantastic," he said.
The actor says he supports efforts for saving tigers.
"I support it. There are rescue centres all over and there are lots of tigers and panthers in cages. I think one should make a wild park and let them be in their natural habitat. Get them out in the open," Salman said.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman