Shah Has to Immerse 11 Cr Indians to Make India Cong-Free: Ahmed
"Amit Shah will have to immerse 11 crore people in the Indian ocean if he has to make the country Congress-free", AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed said today taking a dig at the BJP chief’s call of freeing India of Congress.
"As many as 11 crore people have voted for Congress even though the party has got just 44 seats. If Amit Shah wants to make the country Congress-free, he will have to immerse the 11 crore people in the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian ocean which are on the three sides of the sub-continent," Ahmed told reporters.
He claimed that day by day the number of people supporting Congress is increasing as they are getting disappointed with the Modi government.
Asked about Shah's reported remarks at a rally in Jind, Haryana, today where Congress leader Birender Singh joined BJP, that Congress was begging for the Leader of the Opposition post in the Lok Sabha, Ahmed charged the remarks were not only "unwarranted but an insult of Parliament".
On Birender Singh's criticism of Congress at the rally, Ahmed, who is also in charge of party affairs in Haryana, said he would react only after going through the context in which he has said.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10