Shah Has to Immerse 11 Cr Indians to Make India Cong-Free: Ahmed
"Amit Shah will have to immerse 11 crore people in the Indian ocean if he has to make the country Congress-free", AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed said today taking a dig at the BJP chief’s call of freeing India of Congress.
"As many as 11 crore people have voted for Congress even though the party has got just 44 seats. If Amit Shah wants to make the country Congress-free, he will have to immerse the 11 crore people in the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian ocean which are on the three sides of the sub-continent," Ahmed told reporters.
He claimed that day by day the number of people supporting Congress is increasing as they are getting disappointed with the Modi government.
Asked about Shah's reported remarks at a rally in Jind, Haryana, today where Congress leader Birender Singh joined BJP, that Congress was begging for the Leader of the Opposition post in the Lok Sabha, Ahmed charged the remarks were not only "unwarranted but an insult of Parliament".
On Birender Singh's criticism of Congress at the rally, Ahmed, who is also in charge of party affairs in Haryana, said he would react only after going through the context in which he has said.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED