Shah Has to Immerse 11 Cr Indians to Make India Cong-Free: Ahmed
"Amit Shah will have to immerse 11 crore people in the Indian ocean if he has to make the country Congress-free", AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed said today taking a dig at the BJP chief’s call of freeing India of Congress.
"As many as 11 crore people have voted for Congress even though the party has got just 44 seats. If Amit Shah wants to make the country Congress-free, he will have to immerse the 11 crore people in the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian ocean which are on the three sides of the sub-continent," Ahmed told reporters.
He claimed that day by day the number of people supporting Congress is increasing as they are getting disappointed with the Modi government.
Asked about Shah's reported remarks at a rally in Jind, Haryana, today where Congress leader Birender Singh joined BJP, that Congress was begging for the Leader of the Opposition post in the Lok Sabha, Ahmed charged the remarks were not only "unwarranted but an insult of Parliament".
On Birender Singh's criticism of Congress at the rally, Ahmed, who is also in charge of party affairs in Haryana, said he would react only after going through the context in which he has said.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events