Setalvad Issue: AMU Teachers' Association Criticises Gujarat Govt
The Aligarh Muslim University Teachers' Association (AMUTA) today alleged that the Gujarat government was attempting to harass human rights activists who have been fighting for minority rights in the country.
"Noted human rights activist Teesta Setalvad is being harassed by the Gujarat government because she has been fearlessly and tirelessly fighting for the rights of the 2002 riot victims," the AMUTA claimed in a statement issued here.
Secretary, AMUTA, Aftab Alam said, "If the country's highest authorities fail to read the writing on the wall, the country would suffer irreparable damage."
- 2 Killed, 17 Injured in Kashmir Encounter
- 'Muslims Should Give UP Meat'
- Jawan’s Death: Reporter Behind Sting Booked
- Toxic Air: FIFA Says No Match In Delhi After Diwali
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Interpol Shuts Door On ED For Red-Corner Notice To Lalit Modi
- Elon Musk's Ambitious Start-Up Neuralink Aims To Link Human Brains To Computers
- One Dead In Shooting Outside Rohtak Court, Police Suspect Gang War
- Chinese Media: India Vigilant Against China, Has Chosen Japan As Partner For Country's First High-Speed Railway
- NIA Has Registered 19 Cases Related To ISIS Activity In India, Says Government
- No 'High Quality' Fake Currency Seized Post-Demonetisation, Says Government
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 'Jatayu Was The First To Fight Against Terrorism,' Says PM Modi
- RSS Making False Propaganda About Kerala Clashes, Says CPI(M) Leader Sitaram Yechury
- Akhilesh Yadav's Gomti River-Front Project Comes Under CM Adityanath's Scanner
- Four Bills Paving The Way For GST Introduced In Lok Sabha By FM Arun Jaitley