Separatist Leader Shah Calls for Trilateral Talks Over Kashmir
Separatist leader Shabir Shah today held a meeting with Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit and favoured "trilateral" talks to resolve the Kashmir issue.
"We believe in meaningful dialogue. But bilateral dialogues that have taken place so far has failed. We think there should be trilateral talks," he told reporters outside the Pakistani High Commission.
Shah reached the Pakistani mission here around 4:45 pm and spoke with Basit for about an hour.
India cancelled the foreign secretary level talks between the two nations, scheduled to be held in Islamabad on August 25, raising strong objections to the meeting between the separatist leader and the Pakistani High Commissioner.
Around 10 to 15 protesters belonging to a saffron outfit staged a protest outside the Pakistani mission earlier in the day over Basit's meeting with separatist leaders. They were detained and later taken to Chanakyapuri police station.
FROM OUTLOOKPakistanIslamabad looks out for signals on Kashmir and security issues from the new Government in Delhi...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionUndoubtedly, for nearly two decades, the most dangmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAsserting that there was "not a shred" of evidencemore from WIRES>>>
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Lok Sabha Approves Amendment to Lokpal Act for Deferring Asset Filing
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- India-US Deal to Procure Four Poseidon-8I Aircraft
- No Intimation to Lodha Panel on Meeting, SGM Shifted to Delhi
- Former Maharashtra MLA Somnath Wani Dead
- Fresh Rebellion in BSP, Two MLAs Allege Money-for-Ticket Demand
- Stop Exporting Terror to J&K, India Tells Pakistan
- Eight-Year-Old Boy Sexually Assaulted, Murdered by Two in Tamil Nadu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED