Separatist Leader Shah Calls for Trilateral Talks Over Kashmir
Separatist leader Shabir Shah today held a meeting with Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit and favoured "trilateral" talks to resolve the Kashmir issue.
"We believe in meaningful dialogue. But bilateral dialogues that have taken place so far has failed. We think there should be trilateral talks," he told reporters outside the Pakistani High Commission.
Shah reached the Pakistani mission here around 4:45 pm and spoke with Basit for about an hour.
India cancelled the foreign secretary level talks between the two nations, scheduled to be held in Islamabad on August 25, raising strong objections to the meeting between the separatist leader and the Pakistani High Commissioner.
Around 10 to 15 protesters belonging to a saffron outfit staged a protest outside the Pakistani mission earlier in the day over Basit's meeting with separatist leaders. They were detained and later taken to Chanakyapuri police station.
FROM OUTLOOKPakistanIslamabad looks out for signals on Kashmir and security issues from the new Government in Delhi...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionPakistan seems to have thrown the diplomatic ballmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAsserting that there was "not a shred" of evidencemore from WIRES>>>
- Swaraj Slams Those Who Made Altruistic Surrogacy 'A Fashion'
- World's Largest Aircraft, Airlander 10, Crashes During Second Test Flight in UK
- Powerful Earthquake Hits Myanmar, Bagan Temples Damaged
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Scorpene Data Leak: Indian Navy Probes Matter
- More Than 70 Dead as Pre-Dawn Quake Hits Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Maharashtra Govt Sends Report on Zakir Naik to Centre
- Maruti Labour Unrest: SC Sets Aside HC Order to Recall Witnesses
- Panel on OROP Not Hearing Individuals: Ex-Serviceman Tells HC
- British-Indian Siblings Forced Off Plane Over 'ISIS Claims'
- Piers Morgan Hits A Soft Spot: Why Didn't India Win A Single Olympic Gold?
- Girl Dies Waiting in Queue at Gurgaon Hospital, Probe Ordered
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED