Senior JD(U) Leader Attacks Nitish Over Lalu's Comment
A senior JD(U) leader today launched a scathing attack at former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar asking him to quit politics over RJD president Lalu Prasad's remarks that Kumar had fallen on his feet for forging alliance.
The remark was made by senior JD(U) leader Shakuni Chaudhary whose son Samrat Chaudhary is a minister in the Jitan Ram Manjhi government.
Coming up strongly against the JD(U)-RJD tie-up, Chaudhary told reporters that Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar have become "arrogant" and have been undermining him.
"Both of them who came to me for help in the past are today drown in arrogance and have forgotten me," he said.
Referring to Lalu's speech at Bhagalpur yesterday that Nitish Kumar was "kidnapped" by BJP for 17 years and after coming out of that he (Kumar) fell on his feet seeking alliance with RJD. As an elder brother no option was left for me but to accept his (Kumar) plea.
Chaudhary said "in the wake of such utterances from Prasad, if Kumar has any self-respect he should quit politics or take steps to protect his honour."
He said this was not an isolated incident as Prasad has been making light of Kumar in all election rallies.
Asked about prospect of the secular alliance in the bypoll, Chaudhary painted a grim picture and said "history is testimony to the fact that arrogant people have always been doomed."
Chaudhary had switched over to JD(U) after his son led a group of RJD MLAs to rebel early this year.
Chaudhary's blunt comments on Nitish Kumar has not been taken kindly by the party.
JD(U) president Sharad Yadav, who is hear to campaign in the bypoll, told reporters that he would talk to Chaudhary about his comments.
JD(U) spokesman Sanjay Singh told reporters that Chaudhary has grown old and was in habit of speaking anything.
"The train of alliance has begun journey...Those who do not want to ride the train shall get down on the platform as this journey will stop only on reaching Delhi," Singh, a close confidante of Nitish Kumar, said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village