Security at Chennai Airport Tightened After Another Hoax Call
For the second time in two days the Airport here received a bomb threat call today, following which security was intensified and checks carried out at over 20 areas in the premises, police said.
The office of the Director of Chennai Airport received a call at around 5.30 AM today, stating that a 'human bomb' would explode there, they said.
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and police were immediately alerted and intensive checks carried out in over 20 spots within the airport premises, including the cargo section, but the call turned out to be hoax, they said.
Vigil and patrol has been enhanced in and around the airport, police added.
On August 25, a similar call was received at the airport.
Police said special teams had traced the previous threat call to Nagapattinam and are camping there to zero in on the culprit.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10