Second Jihad Suspect Leaves Australia in Bungle
Australia's prime minister says the nation's border security is not good enough after a second suspected jihadist flew to the Middle East using a brother's passport.
The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported today that a 19-year-old Sydney man left Australia using his brother's passport last week, but was deported from the United Arab Emirates.
The bungle is embarrassing for Australia which along with the United States will ask United Nations member countries next month to cooperate in preventing militants from travelling to Iraq and Syria.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the 19-year-old, whose has not been publicly named, did not reach the battle field. A convicted terrorist used his brother's passport to leave Australia last year to fight with Islamic State terrorist group in Syria and Iraq.
FROM OUTLOOKReviewArun Shourie has done it again. Adopted a premise and proceeded with ferreting diligence to prove it...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionA few months back while I was planning to get a tamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThe Bandra police has filed a case against bollywomore from WIRES>>>
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'