SEBI Makes Listing for REITs and InvITs Mandatory
To safeguard investors' interest in the newly created business trust structures -- REITs and InvITs -- Sebi norms will require them to mandatorily list on stock exchanges and follow stringent norms for disclosures, related party transactions and valuation of their assets.
The new norms for Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), instruments that will help attract more funds into these key sectors, was approved by the board of market regulator Sebi yesterday.
As per the regulations, "units of REITs shall have to be mandatorily listed on a recognised stock exchange and REIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement".
Similarly, "listing shall be mandatory for both publicly offered and privately placed InvITs and InvIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement."
The norms would also include detailed provisions for related party transactions with respect to these trusts.
Besides, provisions pertaining to valuation of assets, disclosure requirements, rights of unit holders, among others, are also provided for under the norms, Sebi has said.
"For any issue requiring unit holders' approval, voting by a person who is a related party in such transaction as well as its associates shall not be considered," it added.
The regulations also require the trustees of REITs and InvITs to be independent and not an associate of the sponsor or the manager of the Trust.
The new norms would help in channelising domestic investments into real estate and infrastructure sectors, and also help attract foreign capital for these fund-starved segments of the economy.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10