SEBI Makes Listing for REITs and InvITs Mandatory
To safeguard investors' interest in the newly created business trust structures -- REITs and InvITs -- Sebi norms will require them to mandatorily list on stock exchanges and follow stringent norms for disclosures, related party transactions and valuation of their assets.
The new norms for Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), instruments that will help attract more funds into these key sectors, was approved by the board of market regulator Sebi yesterday.
As per the regulations, "units of REITs shall have to be mandatorily listed on a recognised stock exchange and REIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement".
Similarly, "listing shall be mandatory for both publicly offered and privately placed InvITs and InvIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement."
The norms would also include detailed provisions for related party transactions with respect to these trusts.
Besides, provisions pertaining to valuation of assets, disclosure requirements, rights of unit holders, among others, are also provided for under the norms, Sebi has said.
"For any issue requiring unit holders' approval, voting by a person who is a related party in such transaction as well as its associates shall not be considered," it added.
The regulations also require the trustees of REITs and InvITs to be independent and not an associate of the sponsor or the manager of the Trust.
The new norms would help in channelising domestic investments into real estate and infrastructure sectors, and also help attract foreign capital for these fund-starved segments of the economy.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED