SEBI Makes Listing for REITs and InvITs Mandatory
To safeguard investors' interest in the newly created business trust structures -- REITs and InvITs -- Sebi norms will require them to mandatorily list on stock exchanges and follow stringent norms for disclosures, related party transactions and valuation of their assets.
The new norms for Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), instruments that will help attract more funds into these key sectors, was approved by the board of market regulator Sebi yesterday.
As per the regulations, "units of REITs shall have to be mandatorily listed on a recognised stock exchange and REIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement".
Similarly, "listing shall be mandatory for both publicly offered and privately placed InvITs and InvIT shall make continuous disclosures in terms of the listing agreement."
The norms would also include detailed provisions for related party transactions with respect to these trusts.
Besides, provisions pertaining to valuation of assets, disclosure requirements, rights of unit holders, among others, are also provided for under the norms, Sebi has said.
"For any issue requiring unit holders' approval, voting by a person who is a related party in such transaction as well as its associates shall not be considered," it added.
The regulations also require the trustees of REITs and InvITs to be independent and not an associate of the sponsor or the manager of the Trust.
The new norms would help in channelising domestic investments into real estate and infrastructure sectors, and also help attract foreign capital for these fund-starved segments of the economy.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman