SEBI Demands PAC Details to Ensure Transparency
To ensure more transparency, listed companies will now be required to inform stock exchanges the details about the acquirer as well as persons acting in concert (PAC) while making annual shareholding disclosures.
However, such information should not be disseminated by the bourses to the general public, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) said today.
In a circular, the regulator said a company would have to make additional disclosures about the acquirer and PAC under Sebi (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations.
Besides, a firm would have to give information about the PAN (Permanent Account Number) details of the acquirer and PAC while making disclosures about their annual shareholding pattern. Also, the company needs to inform whether the acquirer belongs to a promoter entity.
Sebi said all this information shall be "disclosed to the stock exchanges but shall not be disseminated."
This circular would come into force with immediate effect.
According to norms, every entity is required to make yearly disclosures, within 21 days from the financial year ending March 31, to the stock exchanges with regard to its shareholding as of March 31.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED