SEBI Demands PAC Details to Ensure Transparency
To ensure more transparency, listed companies will now be required to inform stock exchanges the details about the acquirer as well as persons acting in concert (PAC) while making annual shareholding disclosures.
However, such information should not be disseminated by the bourses to the general public, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) said today.
In a circular, the regulator said a company would have to make additional disclosures about the acquirer and PAC under Sebi (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations.
Besides, a firm would have to give information about the PAN (Permanent Account Number) details of the acquirer and PAC while making disclosures about their annual shareholding pattern. Also, the company needs to inform whether the acquirer belongs to a promoter entity.
Sebi said all this information shall be "disclosed to the stock exchanges but shall not be disseminated."
This circular would come into force with immediate effect.
According to norms, every entity is required to make yearly disclosures, within 21 days from the financial year ending March 31, to the stock exchanges with regard to its shareholding as of March 31.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events