Search on For Seven Fishermen Missing in Bay of Bengal
A search is on for seven fishermen, who have gone missing in the Bay of Bengal following the capsize of two trawlers in a storm.
Coast Guard has deployed a helicopter to conduct the search in the sea for the second day today, Sundarbans Development Minister Manturam Pakhira said.
The seven fishermen were in the trawler 'Suryanarayan', which capsized along with another called 'Maharudra' at Jambu Dwip near Sagar Island on Sunday evening in the storm.
All of them are residents of Kakdwip in South 24 Parganas and had gone to sea to catch hilsa about a fortnight ago, he said.
40 other trawlers, which also went missing in the sea in the storm, were traced yesterday. Thirty trawlers were taking shelter in Odisha's Dhamra port area, while 10 others are safe in West Midnapore's coastal area.They are now returning to Kakdwip in South 24-Parganas district.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10