Search on For Seven Fishermen Missing in Bay of Bengal
A search is on for seven fishermen, who have gone missing in the Bay of Bengal following the capsize of two trawlers in a storm.
Coast Guard has deployed a helicopter to conduct the search in the sea for the second day today, Sundarbans Development Minister Manturam Pakhira said.
The seven fishermen were in the trawler 'Suryanarayan', which capsized along with another called 'Maharudra' at Jambu Dwip near Sagar Island on Sunday evening in the storm.
All of them are residents of Kakdwip in South 24 Parganas and had gone to sea to catch hilsa about a fortnight ago, he said.
40 other trawlers, which also went missing in the sea in the storm, were traced yesterday. Thirty trawlers were taking shelter in Odisha's Dhamra port area, while 10 others are safe in West Midnapore's coastal area.They are now returning to Kakdwip in South 24-Parganas district.
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Curfew Reimposed in Parts of Kashmir
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Modi's Silence on Dalit Assault Devaluation of PM's Post: Cong
- Clinton Becomes First Woman Prez Nominee, Says Glass Ceiling Cracked
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Security Intensified Along Mizoram-Bangladesh Border
- BJP MP Seeks Central Intervention in UP
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- WB Seeks GI Tag Only on Bengal Rasogolla, no Conflict With Odisha
- Car Bomb in Northern Syria Kills One, Wounds 50: Syrian TV
- Turkey Orders 47 Newspaper Journalists, Executives Detained
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED