Search on For Seven Fishermen Missing in Bay of Bengal
A search is on for seven fishermen, who have gone missing in the Bay of Bengal following the capsize of two trawlers in a storm.
Coast Guard has deployed a helicopter to conduct the search in the sea for the second day today, Sundarbans Development Minister Manturam Pakhira said.
The seven fishermen were in the trawler 'Suryanarayan', which capsized along with another called 'Maharudra' at Jambu Dwip near Sagar Island on Sunday evening in the storm.
All of them are residents of Kakdwip in South 24 Parganas and had gone to sea to catch hilsa about a fortnight ago, he said.
40 other trawlers, which also went missing in the sea in the storm, were traced yesterday. Thirty trawlers were taking shelter in Odisha's Dhamra port area, while 10 others are safe in West Midnapore's coastal area.They are now returning to Kakdwip in South 24-Parganas district.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman