Scindia Ragging: Parents Seek Action Against Principal
Demanding action against principal of the prestigious Scindia School for allegedly not handling the recent ragging incident properly that led to a suicide attempt by Adarsh Singh, son of Bihar Minister Jai Kumar Singh, parents today staged a protest here in this connection.
Nearly 50 parents formed a human chain at Phoolbagh in support of their demands.
"So far, no action has been taken by the district administration against the principal and the vice principal despite Supreme Court's clear directives that the head of the school is equally responsible for the incidents of ragging," All India Parents Association's Gwalior Chapter President Sudhir Sapra said.
He also demanded the Gwalior Collector to make public the letter he had written to police after the probe report was submitted recommending action against the accused persons.
Sapra also demanded the CBSE to act against the school in this regard.
On August 20, 14-year-old Adarsh Singh, son of Bihar Cooperatives Minister Jai Kumar Singh, had allegedly tried to commit suicide after he was ragged by three senior students.
The three students were later expelled by the school, while the two staffers who were supposed to maintain discipline on the campus were debarred, after a three-member internal committee constituted soon after the incident submitted its report in the matter, Scindia School Principal Samik Ghosh had earlier said.
The minor boys as well as the school staffers were subsequently arrested by the police and later released on bail, a police official said.
Adarsh was found in a semi-conscious state in his hostel room at the residential school. He allegedly tried to hang himself from the fan using a bed sheet but his feet touched the floor and the fan got unstuck from ceiling, which saved his life, police had earlier said.
He was taken to a private hospital for treatment and when his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to New Delhi's Apollo Hospital.
The three students allegedly forced him to sweep the floor and also used to sometimes punish him asking him to bend down in various positions. They also allegedly beat him up, police said.
- Modi Government Gears Up To Counter China's OBOR
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10