SC Asks Pradeep Sharma to File Compliance Report
The Supreme Court today directed suspended Gujarat IAS officer Pradeep Sharma to file compliance report of its order passed in 2011 directing him to delete portion of his petition relating to Narendra Modi's personal life.
A bench headed by Justice Ranjana P Desai said there should not be any disrespect to court's order and directed both Sharma and Gujarat state government to file compliance reports by August 6.
The apex court had on May 12, 2011 taken strong exception to the submissions of Sharma aimed at tarnishing the image of Modi and directed him to delete those paragraphs from the petition.
The IAS officer is facing four criminal cases including his alleged involvement in land scam registered against him since 2008 in Rajkot area. He approached the apex court seeking transfer of cases against him to CBI.
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Mass Attack Bid Foiled in Bangladesh, Nine Militants Killed
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- India Seeks Greater Security Cooperation With Bangladesh
- Unidentified Gunmen Kill Two Soldiers in Pak
- South Sudan President Replaces Rival as Vice President
- Govt Must Protect Central Bank's Independence: Rajan
- Cong Creates Ruckus in RS Over Andhra Special Package Issue
- Expert Team Formed to Explore Alternatives to Pellet Guns
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED