Sawantwadi MLA Kesarkar Quits, to Join Shiv Sena on Aug 5
Sawantwadi MLA Deepak Kesarkar, who had quit NCP last month after defying the party's leadership by refusing to campaign for Nilesh Rane, Congress candidate in Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg parliamentary seat, today resigned as member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly.
Kesarkar told PTI that he had resigned as MLA and will join the Shiv Sena in Sawantwadi on August 5 in presence of Party President Uddhav Thackeray.
On being asked whether he would fight the assembly elections on Sena ticket, Kesarkar said he would seek re-election if Shiv Sena nominates him.
Kesarkar resigned from NCP after he refused to heed Sharad Pawar's directive to campaign for Rane.
His diatribe against state minister and Congress strongman Narayan Rane had caused a huge embarrassment to top party leadership in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
The MLA had accused Narayan Rane and his sons Nilesh and Nitesh of unleashing political terror in the district.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED