Sawantwadi MLA Kesarkar Quits, to Join Shiv Sena on Aug 5
Sawantwadi MLA Deepak Kesarkar, who had quit NCP last month after defying the party's leadership by refusing to campaign for Nilesh Rane, Congress candidate in Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg parliamentary seat, today resigned as member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly.
Kesarkar told PTI that he had resigned as MLA and will join the Shiv Sena in Sawantwadi on August 5 in presence of Party President Uddhav Thackeray.
On being asked whether he would fight the assembly elections on Sena ticket, Kesarkar said he would seek re-election if Shiv Sena nominates him.
Kesarkar resigned from NCP after he refused to heed Sharad Pawar's directive to campaign for Rane.
His diatribe against state minister and Congress strongman Narayan Rane had caused a huge embarrassment to top party leadership in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
The MLA had accused Narayan Rane and his sons Nilesh and Nitesh of unleashing political terror in the district.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10