Saudi Men Prohibited From Marrying Pak, B'desh Women
Saudi Arabia has prohibited its men from marrying women from Pakistan, Bangladesh and two other nations, in an apparent move aimed at discouraging its citizens from marrying foreigners.
Apart from Pakistan and Bangladesh, Saudi men now can't marry women from Chad and Myanmar as well.
Saudi Arabia is home to an estimated 500,000 women from these four countries, while the strong 9 million expatriate community constitute about 30 per cent of the kingdom's total population.
Saudi men wishing to marry foreigners now face tougher regulations as additional formalities have been placed before issuing permission for marriage with foreigners, Dawnonline reported citing a report in Makkah daily.
Those wanting to marry foreign women should first obtain the consent of the government and submit marriage applications through official channels, Mecca police director Maj Gen Assaf Al-Qurashi was quoted as saying in the report.
The official said applicants should be over 25 and attach identification documents signed by the local district mayor as well as all other identity papers, including a copy of his family card.
"If the applicant is already married, he should attach a report from a hospital proving that his wife is either disabled, suffering from a chronic disease or is sterile," he said.
Qurashi said divorced men would not be allowed to apply within six months of their divorce.
FROM OUTLOOKOpinionIf centuries of shared experiences couldn't create solidarities, how could a specific 'Muslim' self-consciousness emerge from their multiple...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBDr. Zakir Naik, an Indian Islamic fisher of soulsmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSamajawadi Party today felt the jitters of drawingmore from WIRES>>>
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Cabinet Clears Bill on Surrogacy
- Rajnath in Kashmir, Reviews Security Situation
- Sensitive Data on Scorpene Submarines Leaked
- Saradha Ponzi Case: ED Summons Nalini Chidambaram
- 38 Dead as Strong Quake Rattles Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Detractors Playing Into Hands of Gujarat Govt: Hardik
- Amarinder Singh Alleges Badal's Hand in Incidents of Sacrilege in Punjab
- Tremors in East, North-East India as Powerful Quake Hits Myanmar
- Are Dalits, Backwards Not Nationalists?: Rahul Asks Modi
- Pak court Reserves Verdict on Hafiz Saeed's Petition on Kashmir
- South Sudan Fighting Kills At Least 275
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED