Saudi Men Prohibited From Marrying Pak, B'desh Women
Saudi Arabia has prohibited its men from marrying women from Pakistan, Bangladesh and two other nations, in an apparent move aimed at discouraging its citizens from marrying foreigners.
Apart from Pakistan and Bangladesh, Saudi men now can't marry women from Chad and Myanmar as well.
Saudi Arabia is home to an estimated 500,000 women from these four countries, while the strong 9 million expatriate community constitute about 30 per cent of the kingdom's total population.
Saudi men wishing to marry foreigners now face tougher regulations as additional formalities have been placed before issuing permission for marriage with foreigners, Dawnonline reported citing a report in Makkah daily.
Those wanting to marry foreign women should first obtain the consent of the government and submit marriage applications through official channels, Mecca police director Maj Gen Assaf Al-Qurashi was quoted as saying in the report.
The official said applicants should be over 25 and attach identification documents signed by the local district mayor as well as all other identity papers, including a copy of his family card.
"If the applicant is already married, he should attach a report from a hospital proving that his wife is either disabled, suffering from a chronic disease or is sterile," he said.
Qurashi said divorced men would not be allowed to apply within six months of their divorce.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses