Saradha: CBI Searches Residence of Former Union Minister
CBI today carried out searches at 28 locations including the residence of former Union Minister Matang Sinh here in connection with Saradha chit fund scam in which deposits of thousands of investors were allegedly swindled by ponzi companies.
The agency teams of about 10-15 officials each carried out searches at 28 locations spread across the national capital, Kolkata, Gauhati and Odisha in connection with CBI FIRs against Saradha group, CBI sources said.
The searches are going on at Gol Market residence and office here of Sinh, who was former Minister of State for Home Affairs, residences of his former wife Manoranjana, former IPS Officer Rajat Majumdar, Executive Committee member of East Bengal club Debabrata Sarkar and Chairman and Managing Director Saradha Sudipta Sen, they said.
There are four FIRs against Saradha Group in which it is alleged that thousands of investors were allegedly duped by the company officials and their associates who swindled their deposits. Besides there are 44 FIRs in Odisha against ponzi companies.
The Supreme court had handed over the Saradha chit fund scam to CBI and asked the state governments to provide all logistical help to the CBI team probing the matter.
CBI has formed a Special Investigating Team (SIT) headed by Joint Director Rajeev Singh to also probe the role of Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and RBI.
"Investigation conducted so far puts a question mark on the role of regulatory authorities like SEBI, Registrar of Companies and officials of RBI within whose respective jurisdictions and areas of operation the scam not only took birth but flourished unhindered," an apex court bench headed by Justice T S Thakur had said in its order.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'