Salman Khan Hit-And-Run Case: Missing Documents Found
Mumbai police have heaved a sigh of relief with the missing documents pertaining to the 2002 hit-and-run case against actor Salman Khan being found at Bandra police station.
The documents were found yesterday at Bandra police station, Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said today.
"We have initiated an inquiry as to how the papers went missing. Action will be taken against policemen because of whom the documents had gone missing for a few days," he said.
The documents contain important information relating to the case, the case diary and statements of witnesses, police said. Somebody might have shifted the documents from the record room during the renovation of the police station after which they were not traceable, sources said.
On August 21, Bandra police had informed the sessions court holding a fresh trial in the case that the documents related to witnesses' statements and the case diary had gone missing. The court had directed the police to locate the documents by September 12.
On September 28, 2002, the actor's car had run over a group of people sleeping on the pavement outside a Bandra bakery, killing one and injuring four.
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Female TV Journalist Harassed, One Held
- Three Decades After Anti-Sikh Riots, Two Victims to Get Compensation
- Maleeha Lodhi Pitches for Pak's Inclusion in NSG
- Outsiders Engineered Coup Against Chhotepur: Amarinder
- Mangaluru: Eggs Hurled at Actor Ramya's Car Over Pak Comment
- Rebel AAP MLA Moves Breach of Privilege Notice Against Sisodia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED