Sakina Bags Women's Lightweight Powerlifting Bronze
Karnataka's Sakina Khatun did India proud by winning a bronze medal in the women's lightweight (upto 61 kg) powerlifting event at the 20th Commonwealth Games here today.
The Bangalore-born powerlifter finished behind Nigeria's Esther Oyema (Gold) and England's Natalie Blake (Silver) settle at third position.
The Indian lifted a total weight of 88.2 kilograms, while Esther lifted 136kgs and Natalie managed 100.2kgs.
Sakina, 25, gave India their first medal on Day 10 of the competition with the nation still placed fifth in the medals tally with 54, including 13 gold, 25 silver and 16 bronze.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED