SAIL Recruitment Scam: Sons of BJP MP, Ex-J'khand Guv Named in Chargesheet
The sons of BJP Rajya Sabha MP Satyanarayan Jatiya and former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi have been named along with 11 others in the charge sheet filed by CBI in connection with alleged irregularities in recruitments at Bokaro Steel Plant.
The charge sheet in a Dhanbad special court was filed against 13 persons, among them senior SAIL officials, under the provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act and for alleged cheating and forgery.
In the charge sheet, the agency has named the then Executive Director, Bokaro Steel Plant, Jeevesh Mishra, General Managers RK Narula and OP Gupta, Additional General Managers AS Hemrom and CG Kuberkar, Managing Director VK Srivastava, Deputy Manager Ritesh, Deputy General Managers Karippayil Rajasekharan and Arvind Prasad and Junior Managers Ravinder Pandita, Yogesh Chandra Patnaik, Syed Mohammed Razi and Raj Kumar Jatiya.
Mohd Razi and Raj Kumar are the sons, respectively, of Syed Sibtey and Satyanarayan Jatiya.
The agency has alleged that Raj Kumar Jatiya, Mohd Razi, Patnaik and Ritesh were appointed in SAIL after Mishra, Narula, Hemrom and Kuberkar allegedly adopted biased recruitment policies in violation of the extant procedures of the steel plant and SAIL.
CBI also alleged that Mishra, Narula, Hemrom and Kuberkar abused their official position in the selection process.
When contacted, Satyanarayan Jatiya said he would not like to comment on the case.
"Investigation revealed that an advertisement for the post of E-1 and E-2 grades (Junior Manager/Assistant Manager-L and A) was published only in national newspapers (Mumbai edition only) and applicants were asked to send their filled-in application forms along with copies of all testimonials to Post Box No.B-25 (which was found to be an incomplete address) within eight days by ordinary post only," CBI spokesperson Kanchan Prasad said here.
She said the probe further revealed that experience certificates used by the selected candidates were allegedly forged/not genuine whereas the degree of other candidate was irregular as he had allegedly secured two degrees (LLB and PGDBM) during the same period as a regular student.
"None of the selected candidates ever got posted at BSL's Chennai office, for which the selection was purportedly done. Certain provisions of Recruitment Manuals of BSL/SAIL in respect of recruitment of said posts were allegedly violated in processing/selection of the said four persons," she said.
- Dhinakaran Case: Delhi Police Quiz Men On Cash Trail Trajectory
- 30 Farmers Committed Suicide in 2016-17: TN Govt
- Male Chauvinism Can't Be: SC
- Global Press Freedom At 13-Year Low: Survey
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Hindu Temple Vandalised In Pakistan, Says Report
- Key Suspect Of Jayalalithaa's Driver Murder Case Killed
- Don't Politicise Triple Talaq, Urges Prime Minister Modi
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai Received Nearly Rs 1285 Crore As Salary Last Year
- Amid Protests Over Temple 'Desecration', JK Govt Says Property 'Intact'
- Twitter Account Hacked, Someone Sharing Anti-Hazare Post, Claims Manish Sisodia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Groom Refuses To Marry After Seeing Only Vegetarian Dishes Being Served At Wedding
- 'Keep Phones On Recording Mode', 'Don't Fall Into BJP's Trap': Kejriwal Tells AAP Councillors
- Ready to Talk to Political Parties in Kashmir To Resolve Crisis But Not With Separatists: Govt Tells SC
- Out On Bail In Malegaon Blast Case, Sadhvi Pragya Says She's a Victim of Chidambaram's 'Saffron Terrorism' Bogey
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks