Saharanpur Clashes: Aggrieved Are Being Booked, Says BJP
Claiming that Saharanpur clashes took place due to administrative laxity, BJP today alleged that the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved to appease a "particular section".
"Saharanpur riot is a result of administrative laxity and appeasement of a particular section. It was pre-planned," state BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged after meeting Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik here.
Bajpai also alleged that to appease a particular section the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved party.
"Even the administration has admitted that who the mastermind is, and his photo has been published in various media," he said.
Bajpai said that there was no litigation on the land which was being termed as disputed and around which the conspiracy was hatched.
The BJP leader submitted a memorandum to the Governor, which included documents of the land and report of the BJP fact finding committee.
Clashes between two communities last month over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED