Saharanpur Clashes: Aggrieved Are Being Booked, Says BJP
Claiming that Saharanpur clashes took place due to administrative laxity, BJP today alleged that the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved to appease a "particular section".
"Saharanpur riot is a result of administrative laxity and appeasement of a particular section. It was pre-planned," state BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged after meeting Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik here.
Bajpai also alleged that to appease a particular section the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved party.
"Even the administration has admitted that who the mastermind is, and his photo has been published in various media," he said.
Bajpai said that there was no litigation on the land which was being termed as disputed and around which the conspiracy was hatched.
The BJP leader submitted a memorandum to the Governor, which included documents of the land and report of the BJP fact finding committee.
Clashes between two communities last month over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED