Saharanpur Clashes: Aggrieved Are Being Booked, Says BJP
Claiming that Saharanpur clashes took place due to administrative laxity, BJP today alleged that the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved to appease a "particular section".
"Saharanpur riot is a result of administrative laxity and appeasement of a particular section. It was pre-planned," state BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged after meeting Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik here.
Bajpai also alleged that to appease a particular section the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved party.
"Even the administration has admitted that who the mastermind is, and his photo has been published in various media," he said.
Bajpai said that there was no litigation on the land which was being termed as disputed and around which the conspiracy was hatched.
The BJP leader submitted a memorandum to the Governor, which included documents of the land and report of the BJP fact finding committee.
Clashes between two communities last month over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED