Sack Sheila As Governor, Demands AAP
The AAP today demaded the sacking of Sheila Dikshit as the Kerala Governor in the wake of scathing remarks by the CAG over alleged irregularities in money spent by different departments during her tenure as Delhi Chief Minister.
The CAG report, which was tabled in the Parliament on Friday, has pointed out several irregularities in different departments of the Delhi government, especially in case of 895 unauthorised colonies where the government spent around Rs 3,000 crore in the name of providing basic services like sewer lines, water lines, roads and drainage to all the 895 unauthorised colonies – which in reality were not provided at all.
"It also needs to be investigated where actually Rs 3,000 crore which has been shown in official papers as having been spent on providing basic facilities, has been siphoned off," party spokesman Ashutosh said.
"According to the CAG, there are virtually no sewer lines in around 895 colonies and nearly half of these are without roads and drainage lines. Where has this money been spent?" he asked.
The party also demanded dismissal of Dixit as the Governor of Kerela and Delhi's Anti-Corruption Bureau be directed to register a case against her and ministers of her government, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"In the CAG reports, there is no department/ministry which has not been found involved in financial irregularities during her tenure. When we (AAP) were in power, we wrote to the President about this, but the then UPA government appointed her Governor, which gives her immunity.
"This (NDA) government has over the past month removed governors appointed by the UPA on political grounds, then the obvious question is why is it shying away from sacking Sheila Dikshit?" senior party leader Manish Sisodia said.
The party said that CAG has corroborated the findings of the former Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin on the issue.
"Her (Dixit) government had acted in complete violation of the Supreme Court judgment of 2006, in which it was clearly laid down that no government can regularise unauthorised colonies without providing basic facilities.
"Sheila Dikshit government played with the lives of around 40 lakh people residing in such colonies, by cheating them before every assembly election by distributing regularisation certificates which had no legal sanctity," the party said in a statement.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'