Rupee Gains 11 Paise Against Dollar, Stocks Play Anchor
The rupee advanced by 11 paise to 64.32 against the US dollar today as selling of the American currency by exporters and banks paced up.
What also made the domestic unit come good was a higher opening of stocks. But the dollar held up against the yen and other currencies overseas, which limited the rupee's upmove.
On Friday, the rupee had closed higher by 10 paise at 64.43 against the US dollar, taking cues from encouraging export numbers for May.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex bounced 146.23 points, or 0.47 per cent, to 31,202.63 in early trade.
- 'Indians Hate Corruption,' Says PM Modi
- Even At 2 AM, Swaraj Helps Indians In Need, Modi Lauds MEA
- Afghan Air Corridor Shows India's Stubborn Thinking
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED