Rs 585 Cr Crop Loans Distributed to Farmers in East Godavari
East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad has said Rs 585 crore worth kharif crop loans have been distributed to farmers out of Rs 3,309 crore earmarked for loans this financial year.
"The banks are ready to provide crop loans. The loans will be sanctioned to the farmers whose crop loan accounts are renewed and those who are ready to renew their accounts in the district," Prasad said here yesterday after a meeting with bankers and and district officials.
For the initial period after bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh there were some problems, but now they have been resolved by assessing the usage of various resources available in the district for development, she said.
During the meeting, she reviewed the loans for various sectors. She directed agriculture officials to prepare a list of 18,000 tenant farmers who are eligible for loans from banks and urged the bankers to provide crop loans to farmers and also crop insurance.
Prasad also directed officials to prepare a comprehensive report on poultry industry which is inter-connected with agriculture, to increase the budget allocation for this year.
She said so far Rs 137.29 crore worth input subsidy was deposited for farmers whose crops were lost due to cyclone in the district last year.
This year, there is a target of Rs 1,273 crore worth loans for 40,171 self-help groups in East Godavari, out of which 1,802 SHGs have received loans worth Rs 59 crore.
On the occasion, Andhra Bank DGM V S Seshagiri Rao said the new loans sanctioned were delayed due to lack of clarity on rescheduling /waiver of crop loans and DWCRA group loans.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10