Rowling Brings More on Singing Sorceress Celestina Warbeck
J.K. Rowling has posted new details about a minor character from her Harry Potter books on the fan website Pottermore.Com.
The author has written a short biography of Celestina Warbeck, a glamorous singing sorceress resembling Shirley Bassey and a favorite of Mrs. Weasley's.
The new backstory for the character, who was only mentioned briefly in the series about a boy wizard, was posted online today along with one of her songs, recorded by a singer at the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resort in Florida.
Rowling calls her one of her favorite "offstage" characters in the whole series. She writes that Warbeck's special abilities include tap-dancing and an extraordinary voice that can "drown out a chorus of banshees.''
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10