Robin Williams Cut Wrist Before Hanging Himself With Belt: Reports
Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams cut his wrist before hanging himself with a belt, according to reports. The 63-year-old funnyman was found dead on August 11 in his home in San Francisco, California.
Marin County Sheriff's Lieutenant Keith Boyd revealed that they discovered several cuts on Williams' left wrist and a pocket knife with a dried red substance at the scene, reported Ace Showbiz.
"Mr Williams' personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr Williams' bedroom and entered the bedroom to find Mr Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the (belt) wedged between the... Closet door and the door frame. His right shoulder area was touching the door with his body perpendicular to the door and slightly suspended," Boyd said.
The 'Good Will Hunting' star's final cause of death would be known in several weeks after toxicology tests are completed.
Boyd added, "The forensic examination conducted by Dr Joseph Cohen did not (indicate)... That Mr Williams had been in a struggle prior to him being diseased."
According to the Marin County Sheriff's Department, Williams was last seen alive around 10 PM on August 10 by his wife Susan Schneider.
She didn't know about his later condition because they slept in different bedrooms. In the next morning around 10:30 AM, Schneider left their home to run errands, thinking that her husband was still asleep.
Williams' assistant became worried and found him in the bedroom around 11:45 AM. The actor is survived by his wife and three children.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED