Robin Williams Cut Wrist Before Hanging Himself With Belt: Reports
Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams cut his wrist before hanging himself with a belt, according to reports. The 63-year-old funnyman was found dead on August 11 in his home in San Francisco, California.
Marin County Sheriff's Lieutenant Keith Boyd revealed that they discovered several cuts on Williams' left wrist and a pocket knife with a dried red substance at the scene, reported Ace Showbiz.
"Mr Williams' personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr Williams' bedroom and entered the bedroom to find Mr Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the (belt) wedged between the... Closet door and the door frame. His right shoulder area was touching the door with his body perpendicular to the door and slightly suspended," Boyd said.
The 'Good Will Hunting' star's final cause of death would be known in several weeks after toxicology tests are completed.
Boyd added, "The forensic examination conducted by Dr Joseph Cohen did not (indicate)... That Mr Williams had been in a struggle prior to him being diseased."
According to the Marin County Sheriff's Department, Williams was last seen alive around 10 PM on August 10 by his wife Susan Schneider.
She didn't know about his later condition because they slept in different bedrooms. In the next morning around 10:30 AM, Schneider left their home to run errands, thinking that her husband was still asleep.
Williams' assistant became worried and found him in the bedroom around 11:45 AM. The actor is survived by his wife and three children.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman