Robin Williams Cut Wrist Before Hanging Himself With Belt: Reports
Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams cut his wrist before hanging himself with a belt, according to reports. The 63-year-old funnyman was found dead on August 11 in his home in San Francisco, California.
Marin County Sheriff's Lieutenant Keith Boyd revealed that they discovered several cuts on Williams' left wrist and a pocket knife with a dried red substance at the scene, reported Ace Showbiz.
"Mr Williams' personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr Williams' bedroom and entered the bedroom to find Mr Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the (belt) wedged between the... Closet door and the door frame. His right shoulder area was touching the door with his body perpendicular to the door and slightly suspended," Boyd said.
The 'Good Will Hunting' star's final cause of death would be known in several weeks after toxicology tests are completed.
Boyd added, "The forensic examination conducted by Dr Joseph Cohen did not (indicate)... That Mr Williams had been in a struggle prior to him being diseased."
According to the Marin County Sheriff's Department, Williams was last seen alive around 10 PM on August 10 by his wife Susan Schneider.
She didn't know about his later condition because they slept in different bedrooms. In the next morning around 10:30 AM, Schneider left their home to run errands, thinking that her husband was still asleep.
Williams' assistant became worried and found him in the bedroom around 11:45 AM. The actor is survived by his wife and three children.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10