Roadshows for SAIL Stake Sell to Start Month-End
Domestic roadshows for 5 per cent disinvestment in SAIL, likely to fetch about Rs 1,800 crore, will start by this month-end while the exercise to attract overseas investors will begin in the first week of September.
"The issue will hit the market in the middle of the next month. Keeping that in mind, Department of Disinvestment has decided to start domestic roadshows in the last week of August and overseas roadshows in first week of next month," a source in the Steel Ministry said.
Domestic roadshows for the issue, in which government's around 20.65 crore shares would be divested through Offer For Sale, or auction route, will be held in Mumbai and Chennai.
Two teams will be sent to meet with overseas investors, he said, adding that while one would visit London, New York and Boston, the other one would solicit the participation of the investors based in Singapore and Hong Kong.
In each of the overseas roadshow, the team would comprise of one official from the company, one from the Steel Ministry and one from the DoD. The government is likely to start with SAIL its ambitious Rs 43,425 crore disinvestment target by selling its stake in state-owned companies.
The Finance Ministry is of the view that since the Follow -on Public Offer route takes about 3-4 months for all regulatory clearances, the OFS route would be a better bet as the exercise can be completed within 15 days to one month for launching the issue.
The Cabinet had in July 2012 approved a 10.82 per cent stake sale in SAIL. The first tranche of disinvestment of 5.82 per cent was completed in March 2013.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman