Rlys' Fourth Packaged Water Facility to be Launched
Indian Railways' fourth state-of-the-art packaged drinking water facility, set up at Ambernath in Thane district, will get operational from today.
Railways manufactures and supplies packaged drinking water to its passengers under the brand name 'Rail Neer' through its subsidiary Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda is expected to inaugurate the new facility through remote control from New Delhi this evening, IRCTC said.
Built on a 20,000 sq meter plot area at an investment of Rs 23.50 crore, the new facility will churn out two lakh water bottles per day and will cater to stations such as Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai Central, Kurla, Dadar, Thane, Kalyan, Pune among others, the corporation said.
IRCTC had first set up such a plant in Delhi in 2003 and later at Danapur in Patna and Palur in Chennai.
The Railway Board had given its approval to set up the Ambernath plant in 2007, but the construction work could commence only in October 2012.
FROM OUTLOOKRailwaysLack of funds, poor planning, fare disparity Nitish Kumar wants to rid the Railways of its ills...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBDiaryWhile team Great Britain stunned the world by relemore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESKolkata, July 23 (PTI) Union Minister of State formore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED