Rlys' Fourth Packaged Water Facility to be Launched
Indian Railways' fourth state-of-the-art packaged drinking water facility, set up at Ambernath in Thane district, will get operational from today.
Railways manufactures and supplies packaged drinking water to its passengers under the brand name 'Rail Neer' through its subsidiary Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda is expected to inaugurate the new facility through remote control from New Delhi this evening, IRCTC said.
Built on a 20,000 sq meter plot area at an investment of Rs 23.50 crore, the new facility will churn out two lakh water bottles per day and will cater to stations such as Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai Central, Kurla, Dadar, Thane, Kalyan, Pune among others, the corporation said.
IRCTC had first set up such a plant in Delhi in 2003 and later at Danapur in Patna and Palur in Chennai.
The Railway Board had given its approval to set up the Ambernath plant in 2007, but the construction work could commence only in October 2012.
FROM OUTLOOKRailwaysLack of funds, poor planning, fare disparity Nitish Kumar wants to rid the Railways of its ills...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinion"Littering says a lot about you" had read billboarmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESKolkata, July 23 (PTI) Union Minister of State formore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED