RJD MP Bats For Bharat Ratna for Lohia, JP, Karpoori, Kanshi Ram
RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav today again demanded Bharat Ratna for veteran socialist leaders Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and dalit leader Kanshi Ram for their work for uplifting of the downtrodden.
In a statement, Yadav urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home minister Rajnath Singh to consider seriously honouring these four personalities with the highest civilian award.
Yadav, who defeated JD(U) President Sharad Yadav from Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency, had first raised the matter in the Parliament on August 13.
"Personalities like Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and dalit leader Kanshi Ram should get highest honour for extraordinary contribution working for the downtrodden of society," the statement said.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED