RJD MP Bats For Bharat Ratna for Lohia, JP, Karpoori, Kanshi Ram
RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav today again demanded Bharat Ratna for veteran socialist leaders Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and dalit leader Kanshi Ram for their work for uplifting of the downtrodden.
In a statement, Yadav urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home minister Rajnath Singh to consider seriously honouring these four personalities with the highest civilian award.
Yadav, who defeated JD(U) President Sharad Yadav from Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency, had first raised the matter in the Parliament on August 13.
"Personalities like Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and dalit leader Kanshi Ram should get highest honour for extraordinary contribution working for the downtrodden of society," the statement said.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED