RJD, JD(U) Play Blame Game for Loss at Banka
While senior leaders of the three "secular alliance" partners are hailing their victory in Bihar bypoll, a blame game has surfaced in Banka where the RJD candidate lost narrowly.
RJD candidate from Banka Iqubal Hussain Ansari, who lost to BJP's Ram Narayan Mandal by 711 votes, has blamed state minister and JD(U) leader Javed Iqbal Ansari for the loss.
The RJD nominee told reporters at Banka that he lost the bypoll as the minister worked against him.
Refuting the charge, Javed Iqbal Ansari, who is the Tourism minister in Jitan Ram Manjhi cabinet, told PTI that the RJD candidate was "his traditional rival and that's why pointing accusing fingers at me".
"Was it possible for him to get 47,940 votes without the help of alliance partners?" the minister asked.
The minister attributed wrong candidate selection as the reason for the loss of the alliance in Banka.
"Had there been any second person other than him, the alliance could have won Banka seat with comfortable margin," he said.
Javed Iqbal Ansari was the RJD MLA from Banka in 2010 and the bypoll took place due to his resignation after leaving RJD and joining the JD(U) recently.
The questioning of candidate selection by the minister was not taken kindly by senior RJD leader Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha who said "its not good to question who is fielded from a constituency by an alliance partner".
"Likewise we can also blame candidate selection as the reason for loss of their nominees in other seats," Kushwaha said.
FROM OUTLOOKbihar: Nitish-BJP riftWill a resurgent Nitish make Modi cause celebre for a break-up? ...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisHas Nitish Kumar given up on Bihar? That was the fmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThe decision of BJP's central leadership on Wednesmore from WIRES>>>
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED