RJD, JD(U) Play Blame Game for Loss at Banka
While senior leaders of the three "secular alliance" partners are hailing their victory in Bihar bypoll, a blame game has surfaced in Banka where the RJD candidate lost narrowly.
RJD candidate from Banka Iqubal Hussain Ansari, who lost to BJP's Ram Narayan Mandal by 711 votes, has blamed state minister and JD(U) leader Javed Iqbal Ansari for the loss.
The RJD nominee told reporters at Banka that he lost the bypoll as the minister worked against him.
Refuting the charge, Javed Iqbal Ansari, who is the Tourism minister in Jitan Ram Manjhi cabinet, told PTI that the RJD candidate was "his traditional rival and that's why pointing accusing fingers at me".
"Was it possible for him to get 47,940 votes without the help of alliance partners?" the minister asked.
The minister attributed wrong candidate selection as the reason for the loss of the alliance in Banka.
"Had there been any second person other than him, the alliance could have won Banka seat with comfortable margin," he said.
Javed Iqbal Ansari was the RJD MLA from Banka in 2010 and the bypoll took place due to his resignation after leaving RJD and joining the JD(U) recently.
The questioning of candidate selection by the minister was not taken kindly by senior RJD leader Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha who said "its not good to question who is fielded from a constituency by an alliance partner".
"Likewise we can also blame candidate selection as the reason for loss of their nominees in other seats," Kushwaha said.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman