RJD, JD(U) Play Blame Game for Loss at Banka
While senior leaders of the three "secular alliance" partners are hailing their victory in Bihar bypoll, a blame game has surfaced in Banka where the RJD candidate lost narrowly.
RJD candidate from Banka Iqubal Hussain Ansari, who lost to BJP's Ram Narayan Mandal by 711 votes, has blamed state minister and JD(U) leader Javed Iqbal Ansari for the loss.
The RJD nominee told reporters at Banka that he lost the bypoll as the minister worked against him.
Refuting the charge, Javed Iqbal Ansari, who is the Tourism minister in Jitan Ram Manjhi cabinet, told PTI that the RJD candidate was "his traditional rival and that's why pointing accusing fingers at me".
"Was it possible for him to get 47,940 votes without the help of alliance partners?" the minister asked.
The minister attributed wrong candidate selection as the reason for the loss of the alliance in Banka.
"Had there been any second person other than him, the alliance could have won Banka seat with comfortable margin," he said.
Javed Iqbal Ansari was the RJD MLA from Banka in 2010 and the bypoll took place due to his resignation after leaving RJD and joining the JD(U) recently.
The questioning of candidate selection by the minister was not taken kindly by senior RJD leader Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha who said "its not good to question who is fielded from a constituency by an alliance partner".
"Likewise we can also blame candidate selection as the reason for loss of their nominees in other seats," Kushwaha said.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'