Riots Take Place Wherever Minorities Are More Than 10%: Adityanath
Firebrand BJP leader Yogi Adityanath has attacked the minority community, saying riots happen wherever they are more than 10 percent in numbers while there is no place for non-Muslims where they are more than 35 percent.
Defending his provocative speeches, the Gorakhpur MP, who is among three party leaders entrusted with leading BJP campaign for the upcoming bye-elections in Uttar Pradesh, said Hindus will reply "in the same language" if they are subjected to attacks or forcible conversions.
Talking about communal riots, he told Rajat Sharma in 'Aap Ki Adalat' programme on India TV that there are three categories of places where they occur, according to a press release issued by the channel.
"In places where there are 10 to 20 percent minorities, stray communal incidents take place. Where there are 20 to 35 percent of them, serious communal riots take place and where they are more than 35 percent, there is no place for non-Muslims," he said.
"I have said, if you (minorities) kill one of us, do not expect that you will remain safe... If the other side does not stay in peace, we will teach them how to stay in peace," Adityanath said.
The BJP leader is under attack after two CDs recently surfaced in which he is shown making inflammatory speeches.
Justifying his rabble-rousing remarks, he said, "Whatever I had then said was conditional. If the other is a danav (devil), not a manav (human), then one has to reply. If I have a mala (rosary) in one hand, I also carry a bhala (javelin) in the other".
He alleged Love Jihad, a term coined by Hindutva activists to protest alleged organised conversion of Hindu girls, is an "international conspiracy" against India. He cited some court orders to buttress his claim.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10