Riot-Hit US Town to be Under Curfew For Second Night: Report
A curfew will be extended for a second night in the riot-hit US town of Ferguson where a police officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, a local newspaper said today.
Citing Missouri Highway Patrol spokesman Al Nothum, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said the curfew would run from midnight to 5:00 am (local time) in the St Louis suburb, as it had the night before.
Further details were expected at a public briefing later today, the report said.
The Missouri Highway Patrol could not be immediately reached for comment.
Violence has flared since the shooting death of Michael Brown on August 9 by a white police officer which has renewed a national debate about law enforcement and African Americans.
Governor Jay Nixon had declared a state of emergency and a curfew starting at midnight Saturday, after looting and violence overnight Friday to Saturday.
But one person was shot and seven people were arrested as protesters and looters defied the order to stay inside after midnight.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe better-off families send their children out for education. But what does the common Kashmiri do?...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBCounterpointA plan of campaign should anticipate everythingmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Oct 1 Broadcast tribunal TDSAT today almore from WIRES>>>
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED