Riot-Hit US Town to be Under Curfew For Second Night: Report
A curfew will be extended for a second night in the riot-hit US town of Ferguson where a police officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, a local newspaper said today.
Citing Missouri Highway Patrol spokesman Al Nothum, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said the curfew would run from midnight to 5:00 am (local time) in the St Louis suburb, as it had the night before.
Further details were expected at a public briefing later today, the report said.
The Missouri Highway Patrol could not be immediately reached for comment.
Violence has flared since the shooting death of Michael Brown on August 9 by a white police officer which has renewed a national debate about law enforcement and African Americans.
Governor Jay Nixon had declared a state of emergency and a curfew starting at midnight Saturday, after looting and violence overnight Friday to Saturday.
But one person was shot and seven people were arrested as protesters and looters defied the order to stay inside after midnight.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe better-off families send their children out for education. But what does the common Kashmiri do?...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBCounterpointA plan of campaign should anticipate everythingmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Oct 1 Broadcast tribunal TDSAT today almore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Will Scorpene Leak Harm Rafale Deal? Parrikar Doesn't Rule It Out
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Narsingh Would Have Won the Silver, Claims WFI Official
- Punishment Under Section 304A IPC Absolutely Inadequate: SC
- BJP Alleges Nexus Between SP and BSP
- Centre Cuts State Funds But Spends Money on PM's Suit: Mamata
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped on School Campus in Bhubaneswar
- Delhi: Deserted by Father, Two Girls Rescued From Locked Room
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED