Riot-Hit US Town to be Under Curfew For Second Night: Report
A curfew will be extended for a second night in the riot-hit US town of Ferguson where a police officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, a local newspaper said today.
Citing Missouri Highway Patrol spokesman Al Nothum, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said the curfew would run from midnight to 5:00 am (local time) in the St Louis suburb, as it had the night before.
Further details were expected at a public briefing later today, the report said.
The Missouri Highway Patrol could not be immediately reached for comment.
Violence has flared since the shooting death of Michael Brown on August 9 by a white police officer which has renewed a national debate about law enforcement and African Americans.
Governor Jay Nixon had declared a state of emergency and a curfew starting at midnight Saturday, after looting and violence overnight Friday to Saturday.
But one person was shot and seven people were arrested as protesters and looters defied the order to stay inside after midnight.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10