Remain Vigilant Against Love Jihad: BJP to Youth
With an eye on consolidating its base in Uttar Pradesh, especially in western parts, the state BJP today asked the youth to remain vigilant against "love jihad" (Hindu girl-Muslim boy affair) and accused the state government of being "lenient" on youth belonging to the minority community.
"Youth should be vigilant against love jihad. Why is the government lenient on those who indulge in such practise? Have they (youth of the minority community) got licence to convert the girls of majority community," UP BJP chief Laxmikant Bajpai said here today addressing the two-day meeting of state party executive committee.
He also took on the UP government over communal clashes in the state.
The recent communal clashes in the state are an outcome of Samajwadi Party government's policies as it protected rioters on the basis of religion while making concerted efforts to drag BJP into the riots, Bajpai charged.
"The government has virtually turned communal and instead of providing relief to aggrieved, it is sending them to jail," the BJP leader alleged.
BJP president Amit Shah was expected to inaugurate the event but he did not turn up. Union Minister Kalraj Mishra opened the event in place of Shah.
Bajpai alleged "Mazhabi raktapat (communal bloodshed) is the outcome of the policies of SP government. Protecting rioters on the basis of religion and harassment of innocent on the basis of religion is on" in UP.
Bajpai charged the SP government was taking revenge on the people of the state after loss in the recent Lok Sabha polls.
"SP has not taken the results of Lok Sabha polls in the right spirit. Therefore, it is taking revenge on the people. The power crisis in the state is one example", he alleged.
The opening session was also attended by prominent leaders like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, party vice-president, Dinesh Sharma, national secretaries Srikant Sharma and Ramshankar Katheria, former state chief Surya Pratap Shahi, Ramapati Tripathi, Vinay Katiyar, Lalji Tandon and Mathura MP Hema Malini.
"In order to favour private parties, it (state government) is purchasing power at higher rates but not taking it from union government which in the past has given power at cheaper rates," Bajpai alleged.
Bajpai claimed the state police registered FIR in Kharkhaunda's (Meerut) alleged gang-rape and conversion case only on BJP leaders' intervention.
Kalraj Mishra asked BJP workers to "focus on party symbol" instead of candidate in the elections for UP assembly.
"Since BJP's symbol is our candidate, therefore we have to work for it. There will be no problem if this formula is be applied," Mishra said.
Citing the example of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the BJP leader advised the workers to work sincerely in the interest of people so that they vote for BJP.
"The people had voted for Modi as an alternative on the basis of his thinking and working," he said.
Asking the workers to protest against the present "anti-people" state government, Mishra cited the example of Lord Krishna, saying he had opposed the atrocity of Kansa.
Mishra admitted BJP had not hoped of such a thumping majority in Lok Sabha poll. "But when the leadership of a country is weak, it sends wrong signal to the world," he said.
"The price rise could not be checked since there was a gap between demand and supply. In spite of import of sugar and rice, it did not appear in the market. Previous government failed to take proper action against terrorists, and countries like China for their encroachment.
Mishra said Modi "is not only working for 18 hours but is inspiring his ministers to work hard". The message is conveyed through behaviour and conduct".
He also said that on the lines of Ganga, the Yamuna river will also be cleaned. "Yamuna will be cleaned since Uma Bharti and Hema Malini are sincerely working for it," he added.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia