Reliance Power to Acquire All Hydro Projects of Jaypee Group
Anil Ambani Group Reliance Power today said it has signed an initial agreement to acquire all the three hydroelectric power plants of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd.
"Reliance CleanGen Ltd (RCL), a 100 per cent subsidiary of Reliance Power Ltd, and Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL), a subsidiary of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL), today announced the signing of an exclusive Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), for the 100 per cent acquisition by RCL of the entire hydroelectric power portfolio of JPVL," the company said in a statement here.
JPVL's hydroelectric power portfolio has an aggregate capacity of nearly 1,800 MW, fully in operation, the largest in the private sector in India, and with an asset base of over Rs 10,000 crore.
The portfolio comprises the three plants, with an asset life of over 50 years, each using run-of-the-river technology to convert natural water flow to electricity, eliminating the need for a large reservoir.
JAL intends to utilise the entire proceeds of the proposed transaction to reduce its outstanding debt, and thereby deleverage its consolidated balance sheet, Reliance Power said.
"The completion of the proposed transaction would make Reliance Power the largest provider of hydroelectric power in the private sector in India," it added.
Currently, Reliance Power has hydroelectric power projects aggregating over 5,000 MW under development, of which 4,200 MW are located in Arunachal Pradesh, 700 MW in Himachal Pradesh and 400 MW in Uttarakhand.
SBI Capital Markets Ltd are acting as advisors for the proposed transaction.
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Save the Children-Supported Syria Maternity Hospital Bombed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED