Reliance Power to Acquire All Hydro Projects of Jaypee Group
Anil Ambani Group Reliance Power today said it has signed an initial agreement to acquire all the three hydroelectric power plants of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd.
"Reliance CleanGen Ltd (RCL), a 100 per cent subsidiary of Reliance Power Ltd, and Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL), a subsidiary of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL), today announced the signing of an exclusive Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), for the 100 per cent acquisition by RCL of the entire hydroelectric power portfolio of JPVL," the company said in a statement here.
JPVL's hydroelectric power portfolio has an aggregate capacity of nearly 1,800 MW, fully in operation, the largest in the private sector in India, and with an asset base of over Rs 10,000 crore.
The portfolio comprises the three plants, with an asset life of over 50 years, each using run-of-the-river technology to convert natural water flow to electricity, eliminating the need for a large reservoir.
JAL intends to utilise the entire proceeds of the proposed transaction to reduce its outstanding debt, and thereby deleverage its consolidated balance sheet, Reliance Power said.
"The completion of the proposed transaction would make Reliance Power the largest provider of hydroelectric power in the private sector in India," it added.
Currently, Reliance Power has hydroelectric power projects aggregating over 5,000 MW under development, of which 4,200 MW are located in Arunachal Pradesh, 700 MW in Himachal Pradesh and 400 MW in Uttarakhand.
SBI Capital Markets Ltd are acting as advisors for the proposed transaction.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10