Recovery of Arrears From Hasan Ali Not Possible: Fin Min
The recovery of tax arrears of about Rs 91,000 crore from stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan is not possible, the Finance Ministry has informed a Parliamentary panel.
"In Hasan Ali Group, the recovery is not possible though all known immovable and move-able assets belonging to the group have been attached," the Finance Ministry said in its submission before the Standing Committee on Finance.
As per the guidelines, recovery through sale of attached properties can be made only after the decision of appeal filed before Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), it said.
Further, it informed, the attached assets are inadequate to recover the entire dues.
The Hasan Ali Khan group has a tax arrear of Rs 91,859 crore, the ministry said.
Out of the total arrears of Rs 2.48 lakh crore, Rs 1.30 lakh crore approximately pertains to money laundering and securities scam cases, according to the data submitted by the Finance Ministry to Standing Committee whose report was tabled in the Lok Sabha today.
Besides Hasan Ali Khan group, it said, Harshad Mehta Group has arrears of Rs 20,244 crore; Ketan Parekh Group - Rs 4,017 crore and Dalal Group - Rs 14,379 crore.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village