Recovery of Arrears From Hasan Ali Not Possible: Fin Min
The recovery of tax arrears of about Rs 91,000 crore from stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan is not possible, the Finance Ministry has informed a Parliamentary panel.
"In Hasan Ali Group, the recovery is not possible though all known immovable and move-able assets belonging to the group have been attached," the Finance Ministry said in its submission before the Standing Committee on Finance.
As per the guidelines, recovery through sale of attached properties can be made only after the decision of appeal filed before Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), it said.
Further, it informed, the attached assets are inadequate to recover the entire dues.
The Hasan Ali Khan group has a tax arrear of Rs 91,859 crore, the ministry said.
Out of the total arrears of Rs 2.48 lakh crore, Rs 1.30 lakh crore approximately pertains to money laundering and securities scam cases, according to the data submitted by the Finance Ministry to Standing Committee whose report was tabled in the Lok Sabha today.
Besides Hasan Ali Khan group, it said, Harshad Mehta Group has arrears of Rs 20,244 crore; Ketan Parekh Group - Rs 4,017 crore and Dalal Group - Rs 14,379 crore.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED