Receding Rivers Improve Situation in UP
With no fresh rainfall and all major rivers registering a receding trend in Uttar Pradesh, the flood situation marginally improved in the state today.
The situation, however, remained grim in some parts as affected people wanting to return faced a serious threat of water borne diseases.
Over 80 people have died in the floods so far in the state.
Banda in eastern part of the state received three cm rainfall in the past 24 hours whereas all the other regions remained dry, Central Water Commission sources said.
Ghaghra which has been in spate lately has receded but the affected people are still taking shelter on embankments and roofs of there houses, a report from Barabanki said.
About 200 villages in Barabanki have been affected due to the floods.
- Devas Antrix Deal: India Loses Case, May Have to Pay a Billion Dollars for Pull Out
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts RSPL, Three Officials
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Japan: 19 Killed in Knife Attack at a Care Centre for the Disabled
- Nine Suspected Islamist Militants Killed, One Arrested in Dhaka Raid
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM Hails Sacrifices of Indian Soldiers
- Jallikattu Can't Be Justified Just Because It's Old: Supreme Court
- Trade Unions Boycott EPFO Trustees' Meet
- Teenaged Girl Becomes First Victim of Dengue in Delhi in 2016
- Opposition Alleges Use of Coercion, Threats in RS Polls in Jharkhand
- Chinar Corps Becomes First Army Formation to Get 3G Network
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED