Receding Rivers Improve Situation in UP
With no fresh rainfall and all major rivers registering a receding trend in Uttar Pradesh, the flood situation marginally improved in the state today.
The situation, however, remained grim in some parts as affected people wanting to return faced a serious threat of water borne diseases.
Over 80 people have died in the floods so far in the state.
Banda in eastern part of the state received three cm rainfall in the past 24 hours whereas all the other regions remained dry, Central Water Commission sources said.
Ghaghra which has been in spate lately has receded but the affected people are still taking shelter on embankments and roofs of there houses, a report from Barabanki said.
About 200 villages in Barabanki have been affected due to the floods.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10