Receding Rivers Improve Situation in UP
With no fresh rainfall and all major rivers registering a receding trend in Uttar Pradesh, the flood situation marginally improved in the state today.
The situation, however, remained grim in some parts as affected people wanting to return faced a serious threat of water borne diseases.
Over 80 people have died in the floods so far in the state.
Banda in eastern part of the state received three cm rainfall in the past 24 hours whereas all the other regions remained dry, Central Water Commission sources said.
Ghaghra which has been in spate lately has receded but the affected people are still taking shelter on embankments and roofs of there houses, a report from Barabanki said.
About 200 villages in Barabanki have been affected due to the floods.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED