Rapti Water Level Touches New High as UP Grapples With Floods
Breaking all records, the water level in the Rapti river in Uttar Pradesh has touched 105.47 metres, which is 0.85 metres above the danger mark, as the Centre issued an "unprecedented flood situation" warning for the state.
The highest level of water recorded previously in the Rapti was in Balrampur district of UP on September 11, 2000, when the river had risen to a height of 105.25m, the Ministry of Water Resources said in a statement here.
The ministry said in another statement that the Bagmati river at Benibad in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar was flowing at 49.51m at 6 P.M. Today, which is 0.83m above the danger mark of 48.68m.
The highest flood level previously recorded in the river was 50.01m on July 12, 2004.
River Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge in Barababki district of UP, meanwhile, continues to flow in high flood situation. At 7 P.M. Today, it was flowing at 107.38m, which is 1.31m above the danger mark of 106.07m.
Its previous recorded highest flood level was 107.55m on October 10, 2009.
The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth had on Friday taken stock of the government's preparedness in the wake of floods in Nepal.
National Disaster Response Force teams have also been kept ready for rescue operations in Nepal, if required.
The flood situation in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and the recent heavy rainfall and cloudburst in Uttarakhand were also reviewed by NCMC with the state governments.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events