Rapists Should Be Hanged: Ajay Devgn
Actor Ajay Devgn has called for capital punishment for those guilty of rape, saying this crime is worse than a murder.
"I really don't understand this crime. It is worse than a murder and if I had my way I would want all of them hanged and killed," Devgn, who was in the city along with his co-star Kareena Kapoor to promote Singham Returns, told reporters.
The actor reprises his role of a honest police officer in the Rohit Shetty-directed movie, set to release on August 15.
Devgn said Singham Returns has more drama and real action in it.
"It is entertaining. It has more drama and real action. Singham is a hero who everybody wants to be to fight corruption and bring a change in the country."
Replying to a query, Devgn said Kareena has become responsible and mature after her marriage to Saif Ali Khan. "As you grow, you mature and become responsible," he said.
Kareena, who has worked with the actor in many films, feels people like their chemistry.
"It is not just the chemistry but the characters we play, and when a character works, everything works. People have liked us together in films like Omkara and Golmaal Returns," Kareena said.
Showering praise on her director, Kareena said she has worked with Rohit in Golmaal series and they have an amazing relationship.
"He is very hard working and very dedicated. I have worked with so many directors but the kind of energy he puts in the action and comedy sequences - working so long hours without any complaints - he is wonderful," she said.
Asked how was Devgn on Singham sets, she said he likes to give a silent brooding image but is naughty as well.
"He used to play a lot of pranks, has mellowed down now."
Kareena said is not okay with doing an out-an-out action movie, but prefers song and dance laced movies.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED