Rajnath's Long Reply Tests Oppn Members' Patience
The over two-hour reply of Home Minister Rajnath Singh in the Rajya Sabha this evening tested the patience of opposition benches many of whose members turned restive.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien also asked Singh a few times how much time he is going to take to complete his reply.
As Singh took pains to answer the points raised by each member who participated in the over eight-hour debate on the Home Ministry's functioning, opposition members pointed out that a member to whom he was replying was not present.
Members in the opposition benches were seen gesturing at each other displaying their impatience while those in the treasury benches were seen enjoying the opposition's plight.
While Satyavrat Chaturvedi (Cong) said they will not ask the Home Minister any questions again, his colleague Anand Sharma was seen gesturing at the minister with folded hands, apparently indicating his fatigue.
Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said the government has indeed tested their patience and it is a "good strategy" to "tackle" the opposition.
Many opposition members turned impatient to leave the House and some who wanted to seek a clarification from the minister were goaded not to do so.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prakash Javadekar also sent a chit to the Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad, that brought smiles on the Congress member's face.
At the end of the Home Minister's speech, Kurien said, "The House compliments you for replying to every member's point," and members were seen greeting each other when the House was adjourned.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor the recordI want to expresse shock and protest the traffickimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED