Rajnath's Long Reply Tests Oppn Members' Patience
The over two-hour reply of Home Minister Rajnath Singh in the Rajya Sabha this evening tested the patience of opposition benches many of whose members turned restive.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien also asked Singh a few times how much time he is going to take to complete his reply.
As Singh took pains to answer the points raised by each member who participated in the over eight-hour debate on the Home Ministry's functioning, opposition members pointed out that a member to whom he was replying was not present.
Members in the opposition benches were seen gesturing at each other displaying their impatience while those in the treasury benches were seen enjoying the opposition's plight.
While Satyavrat Chaturvedi (Cong) said they will not ask the Home Minister any questions again, his colleague Anand Sharma was seen gesturing at the minister with folded hands, apparently indicating his fatigue.
Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said the government has indeed tested their patience and it is a "good strategy" to "tackle" the opposition.
Many opposition members turned impatient to leave the House and some who wanted to seek a clarification from the minister were goaded not to do so.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prakash Javadekar also sent a chit to the Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad, that brought smiles on the Congress member's face.
At the end of the Home Minister's speech, Kurien said, "The House compliments you for replying to every member's point," and members were seen greeting each other when the House was adjourned.
- Aziz Says 'Insufficient Evidence' On Indian Spy, Pak Denies
- Triple Talaq 'Cruel' And 'Most Demeaning', Says Allahabad HC
- Stranded Tourists On Andaman & Nicobar Islands Safe: Rajnath Singh
- 'Devil Of The Year': How Twitter Is Reacting To Latest TIME Magazine Cover
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Modi Is Now Seen As Messiah Of Poor And Honest: BJP
- Old Notes Invalid For Rail, Metro, Bus Tickets From Dec 10
- India To Become 'Major Defence Partner' Of US
- Churning On In AIADMK Over Who Will Step Into Amma's Shoes
- Demonetisation Is An 'Effective Step' In Curbing Corruption, Says Arvind Panagaria
- PM Singularly Responsible For Economic Mess: CPI(M)
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED