Rajnath Captain of Winning Team, Amit Shah Man of the Match: Modi
Lauding Amit Shah's efforts for victory of the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called him the "man of the match".
"After the elections this is the first National Council meeting. Crores of party workers have worked for this victory," Modi said at the BJP National Council meet here.
He said, "Rajnath singh was captain of the team, under his captainship, party workers achieved the victory and man of the match is Amitbhai Shah."
PM said that he knew Amit Shah very well and was confident that BJP will succeed under its new president.
"I have known Amitbhai from close quarters. Whatever the responsibility party has given him he would fulfill it. I am sure he will fulfill his responsibilities both towards the party as well as towards the country."
Talking about Lok Sabha elections, Modi said "poll pundits had given us no chance. But people had performed their duty, now it is our turn. We will adequately fulfill the aspirations of people."
Shah was appointed as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post soon after joining the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Though BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum of the party, approved Shah's appointment, the move had to be ratified by the party's National Council, as per the BJP's constitution.
The National Council was attended by senior party leaders from all over the country.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'