Rajnath Captain of Winning Team, Amit Shah Man of the Match: Modi
Lauding Amit Shah's efforts for victory of the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called him the "man of the match".
"After the elections this is the first National Council meeting. Crores of party workers have worked for this victory," Modi said at the BJP National Council meet here.
He said, "Rajnath singh was captain of the team, under his captainship, party workers achieved the victory and man of the match is Amitbhai Shah."
PM said that he knew Amit Shah very well and was confident that BJP will succeed under its new president.
"I have known Amitbhai from close quarters. Whatever the responsibility party has given him he would fulfill it. I am sure he will fulfill his responsibilities both towards the party as well as towards the country."
Talking about Lok Sabha elections, Modi said "poll pundits had given us no chance. But people had performed their duty, now it is our turn. We will adequately fulfill the aspirations of people."
Shah was appointed as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post soon after joining the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Though BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum of the party, approved Shah's appointment, the move had to be ratified by the party's National Council, as per the BJP's constitution.
The National Council was attended by senior party leaders from all over the country.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED