Rajnath Captain of Winning Team, Amit Shah Man of the Match: Modi
Lauding Amit Shah's efforts for victory of the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called him the "man of the match".
"After the elections this is the first National Council meeting. Crores of party workers have worked for this victory," Modi said at the BJP National Council meet here.
He said, "Rajnath singh was captain of the team, under his captainship, party workers achieved the victory and man of the match is Amitbhai Shah."
PM said that he knew Amit Shah very well and was confident that BJP will succeed under its new president.
"I have known Amitbhai from close quarters. Whatever the responsibility party has given him he would fulfill it. I am sure he will fulfill his responsibilities both towards the party as well as towards the country."
Talking about Lok Sabha elections, Modi said "poll pundits had given us no chance. But people had performed their duty, now it is our turn. We will adequately fulfill the aspirations of people."
Shah was appointed as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post soon after joining the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Though BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum of the party, approved Shah's appointment, the move had to be ratified by the party's National Council, as per the BJP's constitution.
The National Council was attended by senior party leaders from all over the country.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman