Rajnath Captain of Winning Team, Amit Shah Man of the Match: Modi
Lauding Amit Shah's efforts for victory of the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called him the "man of the match".
"After the elections this is the first National Council meeting. Crores of party workers have worked for this victory," Modi said at the BJP National Council meet here.
He said, "Rajnath singh was captain of the team, under his captainship, party workers achieved the victory and man of the match is Amitbhai Shah."
PM said that he knew Amit Shah very well and was confident that BJP will succeed under its new president.
"I have known Amitbhai from close quarters. Whatever the responsibility party has given him he would fulfill it. I am sure he will fulfill his responsibilities both towards the party as well as towards the country."
Talking about Lok Sabha elections, Modi said "poll pundits had given us no chance. But people had performed their duty, now it is our turn. We will adequately fulfill the aspirations of people."
Shah was appointed as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post soon after joining the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Though BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum of the party, approved Shah's appointment, the move had to be ratified by the party's National Council, as per the BJP's constitution.
The National Council was attended by senior party leaders from all over the country.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10