Rajasthan: Cop Raped on the Pretext of Marriage
A woman constable has alleged that she was raped by her colleague on the pretext of marriage here, police said today.
The woman is alleged to have been raped by constable Mukut Bihari Meena, appointed at Udaimandir police station, they said.
According to the police, the victim is posted at the Reserve Police in Jodhpur. In her complaint, she has alleged that both of them were neighbours at the government quarters in the police lines.
The woman alleged that he had physical relationship with her after promising marriage.
"Later when I insisted on marriage, he started dilly-dallying the matter and began avoiding me," she said.
When she insisted further, the accused threatened to defame her, police said.
On Saturday, she visited his quarter to talk to him but he threatened her again and raped her, they said.
After the incident, the woman complained to the police and a case was registered against the accused following which he was arrested last night.
The woman's medical examination was done today, they said.
According to the police, a similar case is pending against Meena, wherein he had married a constable some time back but deserted her after a couple of months.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10